Customer Meter Service Instructor, Gas & Electric (Associate/ Instructor/ Senior)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
CUSTOMER METER SERVICE INSTRUCTOR, GAS & ELECTRIC (ASSOCIATE/ INSTRUCTOR/ SENIOR)
JOB ID 20163120 DATE POSTED 09/09/2016 Description
About the Position:
Deliver high quality learning experiences that meet clients' technical, regulatory and safety learning needs through a blended learning approach and support the design and development of learning solutions. At the highest level the role will act as a technical subject matter expert for the US. Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Deliver technical training programs to clients through a blended learning approach, such as hands on activities to stimulate real tasks, ensuring that National Grid is effectively providing training in line with external requirements, operational priorities, and best practice.
* Support the design and development of cohesive and innovative curriculum and training programs in order to meet client learning requests.
* Liaise with the business, acting as a technical training advisor for various departments throughout the company in order to resolve any queries or issues.
* Administer testing and conduct physical and technical assessments.
* Conduct assessments of training needs associated with the introduction of new equipment, procedures and technology to ensure that National Grid incorporates best practice into learning methods and programs.
* Participate as a subject matter expert during the modification and creation of new technical training programs by the Design and Development areas of Learning and Development.
* Keep up to date on training developments in order to ensure that innovation and latest learning requirements and ideas are incorporated into National Grids technical training programs.
* Define, create and deliver training programs such as preparing lesson plans and developing instructor materials and assessments in order to meet the learning and development needs of the business and ensure all external requirements are met.
* Coordinate learning records administration including monitoring course completions, attendance, assessments, and qualifications.
* Represent the Learning Academy as the subject matter expert including governance bodies, transformation and best practice committees and other technical committees in order ensure that the Academy is represented and understood in the business.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
* A minimum of 5-7 years of Customer Metering Service (CMS) experience with extensive working knowledge of both Gas & Electric Customer Metering Service work practices and procedures.
* A High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
* Must be competent in basic personal computer skills
* Supervisory experience and/or advanced degree in Education or a related field is a plus.
* Good oral and written communication skills including active listening and presentation skills
* Must have strong interpersonal skills, be able to perform in a team environment, collaborate with others, manage multiple projects, and meet required deadlines.
* Strong knowledge of technical and safety policies / procedures/ standards and regulatory requirements.
* Understanding of training and development principles and adult learning theory
* Working knowledge of various business related software and technology a plus.
* Must possess a valid driver's license with safe driving history.
This position is one of National Grid s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
:Sep 9, 2016, 12:00:00 AM
:Oct 9, 2016, 11:59:00 PM