Customer Operations Specialist I - Minneapolis, MN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFood. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2015.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Manages select operational components of one or more GMI customers, acting as the point of contact for all service matters related to the customer. Responsible for three major facets of customer operational activity: order management, service issue resolution, and accounts receivable issue resolution. Position works closely with Field Sales, GMI Supply Chain, and customer personnel to ensure accuracy and ease of transactions, while continually improving process efficacy.
1. Receive and process customer orders, ensuring that orders filed meet GMI policies relating to pricing and promotional offerings and order guidelines (order lead time, weight/space requirements). Communicate all discrepancies to customer buyer/category manager and resolve accordingly.
2. Communicate with Field Sales and ICS to ensure that customer receives promotional monies due on each order, taking a proactive approach to minimizing invoice discrepancies.
1. Manage service issues on a regular basis. Must quickly identify the source of a problem, gather and analyze information related to the issue, and devise a solution that best meets both GMI's and the customer's needs. Coordination across GMI divisions may be required. Involved parties might include Technology & Operations, Customer Service Facilities (CSF), Marketing/Trade Marketing, Credit, and customers.
2. Identify and analyze business opportunities to maximize efficiencies and/or enhance GMI's relationship with the customer. Present proposals to Field Sales and customers. Maintain a proactive approach to doing business with customers by evaluating results and adjusting plans as needed to reach objectives.
3. Work closely with CSF, customer, and Field Sales to execute merchandising events. Coordinate orders, pricing, and Efficient Replenishment programs, such as Customer Pick-up (CPU), Direct Plant Shipments (DPS), Direct Store Deliveries (DSD), and cross-docking.
4. Manage allocation of product for customers and Field Sales during severe service issues. Monitor and evaluate orders to ensure that GMI maintains service levels without exceeding allocation numbers.
1. Support ICS in resolution of service-related AR.
2. Maintain awareness & accurately document all order-related issues which may result in service AR discrepancies.
1. Work closely with ICS, customer buyer/category manager, customer and GMI supply chain, and Field Sales to ensure consistent communication and resolution of issues.
2. Communicate problems or concerns to managers on an as-needed basis with recommendations on how to resolve.
3. Occasional travel required to address customer opportunities for operational and process improvement and/or to develop/enhance relationships with customer or Field Sales.
Bachelor's degree required
Working experience in inventory management and B2B customer service preferred
Computer proficiency - SAP and Microsoft Office, experience with Excel preferred
Strong communication skills, ability to think proactively and to make decisions independently
Highly self-motivated and able to work with little or no supervision
Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and demands in a fast-paced, time-sensitive work environment
Strategic problem-solving skills
Comfortable with and able to manage conflict
Strong negotiation skills
Commitment to superior service delivery
Strong teamwork skills including cross functional collaboration
Ability to develop/sustain long-term business relationships
Ability to leverage Continuous Improvement (CI) tools to identify and execute process improvement opportunities
$65-$75MM average sales $ volume
Reports To: Customer Operations Manager (COM) or Customer Operations Team Leader (COTL)
Direct Reports: None
Interacts With: GMI sales representative, GMI Supply Chain, Logistics, CTS and customer personnel