Customer Order and Sales Support Manager 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are assisting our client with a search for a Customer Order Manager.
This is an opportunity for someone looking to make a difference and be a part of something great for a well-established manufacturing company. This position offers much latitude, a diverse set of activities and functions, and is highly visible as it reports directly to executive management.
As part of the Sales Support team, you are the glue that holds us together with your skills for adding to the front of the sales pipeline and your ability to maintain administrative excellence. This position requires the ability to be self-managed at times, to function in a variety of roles, and to be self-motivated all the time.
This role will manage equipment orders after the order is processed through the shipment of the equipment. The primary focus for this position is to ensure the order flows efficiently through the entire design and build cycle. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, partnering with regional sales managers/sales reps, order entry, engineering, and production to facilitate the order process, and interfacing with customers to manage change orders, factory acceptance tests and shipment schedules.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will be responsible for monitoring, tracking and reporting on job status, including, but not limited to, the following:
* Accountable for managing project milestones and associated dates while coordinating with key internal/external stakeholders throughout the entire order process.
* Ensure the order acceptance and acknowledgement process is handled accurately and expeditiously.
* Ensure required customer inputs are received and are appropriate (e.g., specifications, clarity of expectations and use, down payment, test products, etc.)
* Provide the customer with a single point of contact by managing all customer interactions from the point of sale until the order is shipped.
* Manage customer visits and factory acceptance tests (FAT).
* Ensure the accurate completion and review of the following:
* Approval drawings ( submittal and approval)
* Manufacturing build and quality control
* Manage change orders and inform the customer of associated costs
* FAT preparation and support
* Post FAT follow up and shipment
* Coordinate with Service on the sale of service contracts and spare parts by following up with customers between the sales and installation process.
* Work closely with the Regional Sales Managers and Representatives to provide outstanding customer service and support.
* Follow up with customers after shipment to receive installation acceptance notifications and ensure billing is completed.
* Become familiar with and utilize sales tools, methodologies and processes used in various phases of the sales cycle.
* Attend sales meetings to understand goals and challenges faced by the team to enable better support.
* Comply with all safety policies and procedures.
* Keep work area clean and organized in accordance with Company 5S practices.
* Perform other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree in Business or Engineering and 1-3years of related experience.
* Experience in a customer-facing role for a large capital equipment manufacturer a plus.
* High energy and determination to resolve customer order issues.
* Proven ability to work well in a team, and across departmental lines.
* Excellent letter witting and verbal communication skills.
* Good task and project management skills.
* Strong and persuasive sales skills.
* Attention to detail a must
* Enthusiastic and proactive mindset.