Customer Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 2/6/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation : US - Plymouth, Plymouth MI US 48170
% of Travel Required : Seldom
Job Type : Full Time
Career Level : Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Category : Engineering
Job Description :
The Automotive and Aerospace Business and Product Development (BPD) team has the role of developing the right product portfolio and driving the right positioning for SKF in the automotive market. The team plays an important role to find synergies, drive simplicity in ways of working and create speed in the decision making. Cooperation and alignment within Automotive & Aerospace and toward SKF Group R&D functions are highly important and BPD acts as an enabler for this regarding the product and process dimensions.
To support our newly acquired business on Powertrain Steering and Suspension, we are looking for: Customer Project Manager, located in Plymouth, MI USA
The project manager is responsible for managing a project portfolio including coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of APQP+ projects. The Customer Project Manager's responsibility is to manage the QCD (Quality, Cost, and Delivery) of each project ensuring Customer satisfaction. Responsable for the Project from definition (time plan, milestone, etc.) to the start of production, and six months monitoring for continued success. The position is both challenging and rewarding. It is a complex, fascinating and dynamic international business environment, offering clear possibilities to extend the right applicant personally and professionally. The purpose of this role is to have a project driver, managing and guiding the SKF resources in order to reach the defined project targets. Customer contact for project matters is direct or through the team members.
* Maintain a global view of the project (QCD indicators) at all times.
* Facilitate the cross functional work with in SKF (development, engineering, application, sales, purchasing, quality departments & factories.)
* Make decisions, support team members' decisions, propose & present solutions to top management with a clear and accurate risk analysis.
* Control and communicate the risks of all automotive projects decisions.
* Responsibility for achieving the cost, quality and lead-time defined at the start of project.
* Maintain regular contact with Sales Unit to define the approach with the customer.
* Present a solid and professional image of SKF through the management of the project to the customer.
* Work directly with customer throughout the project.
Job Requirements :
Business and professional skills
* Strong professional persona and skilled in customer relationship management to drive and influence customer choices in line with project objectives and SKF strategy.
* Mechanical & engineering experience in bearings (automotive bearing is preferred).
* Project Management skills and related key tools like Risk Analysis, APQP, GPM2, timing and resources plan.
* Strong problem solving orientation/inclination.
* Strong teamwork skills and the ability to work independently.
* Strong communication skills and capability to manage in a multicultural environment.
* Fluency in French or German will be an advantage.
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally (Mainly in USA).