Customer Relations Manager 9/8/2016
Benchmark Communities, LLC
Myrtle Beach, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Benchmark Communities we believe it matters who builds your home. We are a homebuilder with footprints across the West Coast, Pacific Northwest and Southeast states. Designing and building homes is our passion -- exceeded only by our desire to have every one of our homeowners be thoroughly satisfied with their Benchmark home.
Our strength is our all-star team of homebuilding professionals who treat each moment in the development, design and building process as an opportunity to do better. Our "Everything Matters" approach to homebuilding begins with design input from real families. From there, we combine energy-efficient construction technology with top quality materials and the industry's finest craftsmen to create homes and neighborhoods that live as well as they look. The difference is something you'll notice right away and appreciate for years to come.
When you choose Benchmark Communities, you'll have peace-of-mind knowing your new home is backed by the strength and stability of our parent company, UCP -- a publicly traded community development leader. You'll also be privileged to our nationally ranked Customer Relations Team who is here to stay right along with you and your new home.
Divisional role - Manages all activities that involve Homeowners, prospective buyers, trades and division staffing.
* Remains in compliance with Benchmark Communities' policies and procedures.
* Responsible for resolution of all customer issues with appropriate team members and trade partners, spanning Pre-Closing Orientation through each market's statute of limitation.
* Accepts full responsibility for each Homeowner within the assigned project spanning from close of escrow to the home's statute of limitations.
* Follows through on all customer issues.
* Monitors and intercedes on progress and completion of all repairs by trade partners or assigned personnel.
* Responsible for the presentation of a professional image.
* Strongly encouraged to visit each buyer at the New Buyer Orientation (NBO) and the Pre-Drywall Orientation (PDO
* Visits each buyer at the New Buyer Orientation (NBO) and the Pre-Drywall Orientation (PDO).
* Conducts the Quality Assurance Walk approximately one week prior to the Pre-Closing Orientation (PCO).
* Ensures that QA items are complete prior to the PCO walk.
* Ensures that the Homeowner is educated on all products and warranties within the home.
* Thoroughly explains Benchmark Communities' Limited Warranty to each Homeowner.
* Ensures the Homeowner is fully aware of the policies and procedures in requesting customer service and emergency service.
* Facilitates in a timely response, execution and completion of all customer issues.
* Communicates any necessary work to Customer Relations Coordinator.
* Participates in root-cause analysis of issues and sends recommendations to immediate manager.
* Manages trades to completion of service requests to customer's satisfaction.
* Performs service related tasks as requested (adjustments and repairs).
* Establishes and maintains positive internal and external customer relationships.
* Determines trade accountability for back charges and POs.
* Authorizes payment for work performed within approval limits.
* Follows applicable legal protocol and process necessary workflow.
* Provides leadership with regular updates on escalated issues.
* Reviews and supports Benchmark's Construction Standards.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* College degree preferred, but not required.
* At least two years in a customer service role preferred, but not required.
* Experience in Construction or Homebuilding industry preferred.
* Highly proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
* Valid CPR and First Aid certifications.