Customer Requirements Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Baker & Taylor Inc.
This is great opportunity for someone who would like a job where he or she can combine their love of movies, music and /or books with the ability form close customer connections as well as play an important role in supporting a fast paced sales team. It is a blend of sales support/administration and inside sales of library, DVD, Blueray, and music products . Some of the job involves entering customer data into various systems, providing content for the monthly customer newsletter, helping customers find the status of their order, and sending customers proofs of art labels for book, DVD, Blueray and DVD covers. The sales and customer relationship aspect of the job involves calling on our friends of the library (library stores) to ask how things are coming along, ensure B&T is bringing them the best and newest products and services, answer customer questions and guide them in providing insight for decision making, and form lasting customer relationships. If you love media (movies, music, books), are well organized, enjoy engaging with customers, you should may be a great addition to B&T s Audio Visual (AV) department.
Baker & Taylor is a leading distributor of books, video and music products to libraries, institutions and retailers. We are passionate about book and entertainment products. Many of us have been here for a long time - 20, 30, 40 years. We form deep and lasting bonds with our supplier partners and customers; and we always strive to delight the readers, viewers and listeners. We have been in business for over 180 years and have developed long-term relationships with major book and music labels. We have more than 36,000 customers in more than 120 countries.
Baker & Taylor offers full time employees full benefits, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability, as well as a 401k. Employees are also eligible for educational reimbursement, as well as discounts on books, movies, and music. If you are interested in the great benefits Baker & Taylor has to offer, working in a great industry and working with great people, we want to hear from you!
* Supports and assists Inside and Outside sales teams with customer information. Receives researches and handles customer requirements through contact with customers, sales staff and processing centers (verbally and in writing) to set up and/or update customer account profile information. Assists with monthly B&T Scene & Heard AV eNewsletter creation and execution. Ensures information is collected and provided to marketing for the monthly Friends of Library sales program and DVD Lease program to track customer purchases. Assists Inside Sales team with customer order entry, sends reminders of customer renewal dates, and assists with various program projects as needed.
Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiES (The following statements describe the general nature of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Additional responsibilities may be assigned by Management):
* Establishes and maintains customer account profiles pertaining to specialized handling for customer. Ensures all customer processing and cataloging profiles conform to customer requirements. This involves taking information from a Word document and entering it into a database.
* Articulately communicates and provides assistance to customers, sales staff and service center staff on issues pertaining to customer profiles, library cataloging and processing options
* Responsible for creation of prototype/sample cataloging and processing for accounts and major profile changes to ensure customer requirements are met and reduction of errors/returns. Once all information is entered, will print customer s art work and send sample to the customer to ensure customer acceptance of proof.
* Maintains active and up-to-date knowledge of Salesforce and internal company systems and interfaces as well as knowledge of Baker & Taylor AV products, services and programs.
* Provides customer profile information to customers and management upon request.
* Solicits additional business through soft-selling inside sales approach, gathers additional information for sales purposes, introduces B&T products, specifically for the DVD Lease program and Friends of Library sales, and others as needed.
* Assists in gathering and providing data and various content for promotions in monthly customer eNewsletter and eMail blasts under the direction of the Sales manager and Sales Director.
* Maintains information of customers and sales for business reporting purposes and provides reports based on schedule and on an as needed basis
* Must develop library industry knowledge, familiarity with customer preferences, and technical knowledge for the purpose of providing high levels of service and insight to customers to assist in purchasing decisions, searching titles, new releases, using the various internal systems, etc. related to B&T Audio Visual services and industry specific needs.
* High School and/or College Graduate
* Preferably will have 1-4 years experience in an administrative sales related role, administrative, or customer interfacing role
* Proficient phone skills, good verbal and written communication skills, internet and PC experience, adept in basic business software especially Outlook, Word and Excel.
* Experience with Salesforce a plus.
* Excellent organization skills. Detail oriented and high level of accuracy required.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports, correspondence and speak effectively to customers and other B&T employees
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, push book carts and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally walk and lift/move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision requirements include close vision in order to view PC screens.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Office facility for inside sales and customer service - retail sales
This employer participates in E-Verify. Baker-Taylor will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. If the government cannot confirm that you are work authorized, Baker-Taylor is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employment here is based solely upon an individual's merit and qualifications directly related to the position. Baker & Taylor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, citizenship status, religion, national origin, sex, age, status as a Vietnam-era or disabled veteran, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, or disability. We make all reasonable accommodations to meet the obligations set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws.