Customer Service Field Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONTOP REASONS TO WORK FOR MY CLIENT:
Do you want to work for a stable growing company
Do you want to work for a company that has tremendous career advancement opportunities
Do you want to work for a company that provides a company sponsored benefits plan
Do you want to work for a company with an awesome work environment
Do you want to work for a company that provide great incentive such as tuition reimbursement and 401k matching
Do you want to work for company that is the leading third-party provider of Ultrasound and Nuclear imaging equipment
_IF YOU ANSWERED YES, APPLY NOW!_
Type: Fulltime/Direct Hire
Location: New York
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
This role is for someone who can provide is responsible for providing exceptional ultrasound service support and technical knowledge to customers at their locations. This position responds to and resolves all service related issues primarily within an assigned territory.
* Serve as primary onsite support engineer for customers within assigned territory for contract, warranty, and billable service calls.
* Provide backup onsite technical support in other territories as necessary.
* Communicate with Customer Service Coordinators (CSC) to receive and provide detailed follow up information regarding new ultrasound service calls, follow up on open calls, and bring issues to closure.
* Consult by phone and email with Zone Leader and/or other technical staff to communicate information regarding system troubleshooting, diagnosing the problem, and determining best practice to resolve issue.
* Travel to customer sites to diagnose and repair system failures as well as provide routine
* Preventive Maintenance (PM) services and FDA mandated updates.
* Resolve system and component issues by reloading software and replacing hardware to resolve equipment issues and maximize equipment performance.
* Ensure our values are upheld in all customer communications and the highest level of customer service is provided in all interactions.
* Generate billable service calls and PM services for new customers within territory.
* Sell new service contracts and renew existing customer contracts.
* Generate system sales leads and communicate those leads back to our sales team.
* Train and disseminate knowledge to the rest of the organization regarding ultrasound equipment.
* Participate in the on call rotation schedule for afterhours service calls.
EXPERIENCE YOU WILL NEED:
* Biomedical or electronics degree or equivalent experience
* 2 to 4 years of field service experience
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are essential, including the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Must be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Must effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Math skills required, must be able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry, and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Able to work independently in a fast paced environment while juggling multiple projects/tasks to meet deadlines.
* Ability to resolve problems quickly involving multiple variables with limited supervision and/or procedural standardizations