Customer Service /Inside Sales-Fluid Power
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Applied Industrial Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTION* Do you enjoy the challenge of discovering just the right part or solution for a customer's need?
* Are you proactive in asking questions and recommending solutions as well as additional related products?
* Do you thrive in a fast paced environment where your organization, efficiency, and customer service skills make you a rock star?
The Customer Service Representative/Inside Sales role is one of the most important in our organization. We'll ensure you receive extensive ongoing training and provide you with solid feedback and support to help you reach your goals. This is a wonderful entry level opportunity for a strong order entry / customer service candidate with good computer skills, some knowledge of industrial or fluid power products, and an interest in career growth. If you've got a knack for helping customers over the phone and providing a little upselling, apply today!
As a Customer Service Representative/Inside Salesperson, you will play an active role in the success of your location. You'll join a tight-knit team serving loyal, long-term customers as you partner with our Account Managers, Operations Team, and vendors to delight our customers by phone and at our facility. You'll help to grow our business at existing customers, develop new customers and meet or exceed monthly sales goals while increasing customer satisfaction.
While the majority of your interactions will take place over the phone, this is not a call center environment but rather a service and parts center. You'll use your customer service skills and mechanical aptitude to provide or carry out:
* Order entry
* Help customers get the parts they need
* Interact extensively with customers to clarify their needs, research and recommend parts
* Provide quotes
* Provide post order service
* There is a hands-on component to your role. You'll learn to use calipers to measure specs on a wide variety of parts, from bearings and sprockets to electric motors and controls, to hydraulic and pneumatic components.
* 1+ yr. proven customer service experience in industrial sales or parts counter
* 1+ yr. proven sales and problem solving skills
* English grammar, written and verbal
* Strong computer skills are essential
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Valid driver's license and clean driving record
* Knowledge of industrial distribution products and hydraulics
* Desire / ability to learn new systems and processes quickly
* Sense of humor, desire to succeed
* Accuracy, ability to multi-task, prioritize, organize
Work for a corporation that believes in developing our people. Applied employees believe in the company and love the environment. Individual contributors with fresh ideas and passion for excellence are encouraged and rewarded.
Connect with a great stable company with strong performance and growth. We look forward to learning more about you and will respond to qualified candidates.
AirDraulics, an Applied Fluid Power Company, designs automated motion control systems and automatic lubrication systems for a diverse selection of industries where quality, reliability, increased productivity and profitability are major concerns.
Parent company Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is the world s largest fluid power distributor. Our network of 18 fluid power companies (70+ locations) in North America is a resource for dedicated fluid power support. We have one of the largest teams of Certified Fluid Power Specialists, Certified Electronic Control Specialists and Certified Fluid Power Mechanics &d Technicians to assist you with problem solving, system building, troubleshooting and other requirements. Between our service centers and our network of 19 fluid power companies, we provide immediate access to the critical fluid power components and services our customers need.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-426-4776 to let us know the nature of your request.