Customer Service Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Applied Industrial Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONCustomer service professionals don t pass up this opportunity for a great new job with a global industrial distribution company that combines team Leadership with service center Operations. Join our team at Applied Industrial Technologies! In partnership with more than 4,000 world-class manufacturers, we are an industry-leading value-added distributor of a wide variety of innovative, efficient, and reliable industrial products. Since 1923, we have been committed to always having the right part in stock and always getting it to the customer when they need it. We are currently seeking an experienced Customer Service Manager to help us to maintain that commitment as we continue to grow.
In this position, you will oversee day-to-day operations of one of our service centers while also providing Leadership to our team of customer service specialists. This will allow you to showcase not only your Administrative and Project management skills, but also your Coaching and mentoring capabilities. If you relish the idea of serving customers through everything, from hands-on operational duties, to salesmanship and team motivation efforts, and if you have the background we re looking for, we want to talk with you!
As a Customer Service Manager, you will manage service center operations and support our customers and our service team pre-sale, point of sale, and post-sale. This is a multi-aspect role that encompasses both service management and leadership and coaching of our CSRs. This position reports directly to our General Manager.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
* Managing internal service center operations to meet/exceed P&L objectives
* Championing the development of leadership competencies that drive individual and team goals
* Meeting customer and shipment metrics, including time to fill, expediting orders, and quoting
* Developing, implementing, and monitoring programs and activities related to product promotion and inside sales, office and warehouse functions, and customer service as well measuring the results
* Hiring, training, and developing service center personnel
* Assisting account managers in the identification, acquisition, and retention of customers
* Managing inventory, receivables, expenses, and profit/loss accounting
* Reviewing and completing monthly reports as well as overseeing petty cash balancing
* Ensuring that customer relations are maintained at a high level
* Utilizing key metrics to evaluate and recommend best practices for operations
* Managing vendor relationships
* Creating a positive, dynamic, and fun work environment
As a Customer Service Manager, you must be a strong, motivational leader with strong administrative, project management, and mentoring abilities. You should also be highly detail-oriented with solid analytical and problem-solving skills. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills as well as the ability to establish rapport and build solid relationships with service staff and a wide variety of customers.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
* 2+ years of proven sales or customer service leadership experience in an industrial atmosphere or parts counter
* High school diploma or GED
* Solid understanding of financial and accounting concepts
* Computer proficiency and the ability to quickly learn our ordering system
* Industrial sales / distribution experience, preferred
* Service center experience, preferred
* ERP / SAP experience, a plus
As a Customer Service Manager with Applied Industrial Technologies, you will be part of a stable and established company with consistently strong performance and growth. Our pursuit of excellence means that you will be encouraged to contribute fresh new ideas. We are also committed to our employees professional development and will provide you with ongoing training plus boundless opportunities for advancement. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation and great benefits.
Here is just some of what we have to offer:
* Base salary and bonus opportunities
* Health, vision, and dental coverage
* 401(k) w/ company match
* Paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays
* Tuition reimbursement
* Personalized training and development program
* Career development and advancement opportunities
Build a rewarding management career with a global leader in industrial distribution!
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than five million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers maintenance training and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 216-426-4776 to let us know the nature of your request.