Customer Service Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Customer Service Manager will report directly to the Sales Manager and in some cases the General Manager. He/She will have solid line responsibility for a team of Customer Service Representatives. In addition, the Customer Service Manager will work closely with Production, Sales, Accounting, Design, Shipping, Quality, Safety and other KapStone Container plants, certain vendors and with the plant's customers. He/she may also work with corporate functions including Sales & Marketing, Finance, Information Technology and Human Resources.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ensure that the internal customer service organization is following corporate safety policies through safe behaviors and practices. This will occur through training, communications and monitoring.
* Coach and develop Customer Service Representatives to maximize their effectiveness. Identify and develop high potential employees for levels of greater responsibility and scope.
* Recruit talent that will address needs of facility and fill technical and competency gaps within department.
* Ensure performance feedback and appraisals are completed effectively and on a timely basis. Reward and recognize employees.
* Hold people accountable for performance; work with under-performers on training assistance, or put them in documented performance improvement plans and/or disciplinary programs as necessary.
* Any and all Customer Service Representative functions.
* Works in concert with production and sales to insure appropriate balance is maintained between customer and plant production needs.
* Ensures accuracy of work by individual Customer Service Representatives.
* Develops strong client relationships where necessary in support of CSR's and Sales team.
* Oversees workload within the Customer Service Department to ensure proper division of responsibility.
* Is proactive in developing vendor relationships, as appropriate
* Provide analysis and information relative to margin and cost containment improvement.
* Strong financial understanding to grow margin.
* Attend cost control meetings and has a working understanding of P& L and General Ledger reports.
* Coordinate all activities relative to best purchasing methods.
* Manage and track customer inventory using weekly inventory reports; help with establishing appropriate minimum/maximum levels, resolving obsolescence/slow moving inventory issues, etc.
* Foster a lean culture to drive continuous improvement, cost control and waste reduction in all facets of our operation.
Supervises subordinate employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Minimum of an Associates degree. Bachelor's degree and/or post-graduate work or degree is preferred.
Previous Work Experience
* Must be both process and results driven with strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Will have superb customer service and administrative skills with the ability to multitask in an extremely busy environment.
* Advanced proficiency with computers and software is essential.
* Possess superior time management, teaching and employee relation skills.
* Show confidence and professionalism.
* Have a minimum of 5+ years' progressively responsible customer service experience and 2+ years management experience of multiple employees in a manufacturing environment.
* Significant experience in the corrugated packaging industry is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled