Customer Service Manager
In the U.S., our polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resin is utilized by Westlake companies North American Pipe Corporation (NAPCO) and Westech Building Products. North American Pipe manufactures and sells pipe and fittings and Westech Building Products fabricates and sells products for residential and commercial construction. These products are used in projects ranging from water and sewer systems to home and commercial applications for fence, deck rail, window and door systems.
Customer Service Manager Location TX, Houston BPG
Requisition Number 1692
# of openings 1
The Customer Service Manager manages the affairs for key activities and business processes related to the successful operation of US, Canada & Export Customer Service / Inside Sales team. Examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to improve overall customer service. Implement new policies, or modify existing procedures and provide training, to minimize costs, increase accuracy and improve customer service. Provides supervision and leadership to the Department s staff. The Customer Service Manager is accountable for the timely completion of Customer Service responsibilities and for the performance of Department personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of all customer service activities
World Class Customer Service
* Ensure order accuracy, improve time to fill and ensure on-time shipment record of 95% or better.
* Maintain superior customer service rating.
* Strive for 100% fill rates on all orders.
* Work to continually improve communications between Sales, Operations, Planning, Logistics and customers
* Attend monthly S&OP team meeting and execute required actions as results of the meeting
* Issuing and managing sales quotations.
* Utilizing delegation of authority to set customer pricing to established pricing schedule limits.
* Receiving and entering customer orders.
* Communicating with customers on price and availability issues.
* Development, revisions and distribution of Block Price books and Service Rules.
* Providing input to production planning to ensure plants maximize operations and inventories.
* Coordinating customer communications with field sales and with sales management.
* Arranging customer shipments.
* Acknowledging customer orders.
* Development, revisions and distribution of procedures and work instructions.
* Providing feed-back to management on market conditions and competitive activities.
* Establishes and tracks sales goals by market segment and reports via summary to management.
* The Customer Service Manager develops and adheres to the Department annual budget.
* The Customer Service Manager leads and motivates the staff to achieve the goals and objectives as outline in the NAPCO Incentive Plan.
* The Customer Service Manager directs the continuous improvement activities of the Department, such as staff training, improving KPIs and methods development.
* The Customer Service Manager performs such additional duties and tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
Member of NA Pipe and Fittings management team with direct reports including: 7 Customer Service Supervisors/Specialist. In addition, work closely with BPG s Demand and Supply Planner, Planning team, Operations including shipping departments, Logistics Supervisor and Procurement Manager. Motivate and evaluate all personnel, including yearly evaluation and mid-year checkpoints set policies and procedures. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning assigning and directing work, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Develop, scope and manage projects within customer service.
* Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description
* Comply with all Company policies and procedures
* Any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned
Comfort with Computing applications, and written/verbal reports and presentations strongly preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor s Degree in Supply Chain Management (or other related field) preferred with specific experience in customer service. Ten years experience in sales and/or customer service is required. Prior management experience required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel up to 20% including air travel or auto travel.
Westlake Chemical is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability