Customer Service Manager 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation : US - Plymouth, Plymouth MI US 48170
% of Travel Required : Seldom
Job Type : Full Time
Career Level : Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Education : High School or equivalent
Category : Customer Service
Job Description :
* Ensure customer satisfaction, support, and follow-up on agreed strategies and projects.
* Support the Customer Service team in all situations where desired results are not being achieved. These situations can either be either internal or external issues (ex. product shortages, documentation issues, electronic commerce problems, forecast issues, etc.).
* Coach and advise subordinates.Appraise performance and identify training and development needs. Ensure that the proper training is received.
* Develop and maintain a competent team, and implement best team practices.
* Develop and contribute to data control, budgets, business plan objectives, inventory levels, scorecards, and other appropriate targets.
* Oversee Inventory Planner (Supply Chain) and ensure they are part of the Customer Service communication flow.
* Approve quality procedures related to customer service activities.
* Implement directives which influence quality, as issued by management.
* Lead and promote customer service targets, goals, and activities.
* Ensure that continuous improvement is implemented through the utilization of scorecard objectives.
* Develop, implement, and improve working practices within customer service unit, to meet the Quality requirements.
* Ensure that the team is trained, qualified and the appropriate experience to carry out the requirements of their position and that appropriate support and resources are available to carry out these duties.
* Must know, understand and practice the principles of Total Quality and Continuous Improvement.
* Must identify and take action against defects in products, services, and systems within customer service.
* Ensure that appropriate communication processes are established within the team, and communication takes place regarding the effectiveness of the quality management system.
* Coordinate the resolution of claims and/or open invoices.
* Promote awareness of customer requirements.
* Responsible for defining and/or revising Key Job Accountabilities as individuals change roles and/or responsibilities.
* Pro-active and positive approach.
* Proven problem solving capabilities.
* Committed to Business Excellence.
* Strong ability to influence others.
* Needs to excel in a fast paced environment where it is essential to excel under stringent customer requirements.
* Capable of delivering quick results.
* Adept in managing a motivated team of highly skilled people.
Job Requirements :
High school education
Four year degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or business related field preferred.
Minimum of five years experience managing a customer service team.
Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills.