Customer Service Rep
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
TransCore Intelligent Transportation Systems
IntelliTrans, LLC a TransCore company and subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time Customer Service Rep to join our team in Conway, Arkansas.
Under the direction of the Customer Operations Supervisor, the primary responsibilities of this role include providing exceptional operational support for our customers through the use of IntelliTrans transportation management systems. Specific tasks dedicated to the use of the transportation management system for outbound and inbound logistics operations as well as research and reporting generated from the system data.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Monitors, expedites, gathers, and inputs transit information on rail shipments in IntelliTrans tracking system
Confirms and records transit termination events in IntelliTrans Tracking System
Collaborates with vendors, account managers, helpdesk, and other customer support specialists to investigate and resolve customer issues
Monitors information quality in IntelliTrans Tracking System on websites
Support customerthrough service phone lines and emails to investigate, resolve and respond to customer inquiries
Researches and obtains correct loaded billing on customer s rail cars as needed and uploads into software platform
Prepares and sends diversion letters and advance bills to railroads, and provide proper follow-up to ensure accuracy
Ensures that the customer Bill Of Lading (BOL) is processed in Intellitrans systems and transmitted to railroads
Researches and resolves customer cars that missing sightings, idle, bad ordered delayed, held, or embargoed cars by working with vendors to provide accurate trip plans or opening service logs with vendors as needed.
* Looks for efficiencies and utilizes data to recommend system enhancements, process improvements and potential solutions for customers
* Develops and execute business improvement projects to reduce freight cost and improve transportation functions.
* Prepares daily/weekly/monthly reports (internal and customer) as required
* Builds and maintains proficiency in Intellitrans products and services
* Ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels of employees and management
* Self-directed; acts with a sense of urgency in addressing customer needs/issues proactively
* Expertise with troubleshooting and customer support
* Strong written and verbal communication abilities
* Strong customer interfacing skills; ability to build customer relationships
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Strong planning, scheduling, organization skills
* Drive towards achievement in meeting goals and exceeding customer expectations
* Desire and ability to understand how the business operates and apply that learning in supporting the company and its clients through quality customer support
Basic computer skills including a moderate experience with software and data entry; Basic typing abilities
Efficient with MS Office products:Excel and Word
Excellent grammar, speaking and writing capabilities
Experience with logistics/supply chain or transportation industries ideal, but not required
Understanding of rail billing, diversions, yard operations and overall rail operations desirable
Education: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred or equivalent experience.
A leader in the transportation industry since 1934, TransCore provides innovative, technical solutions including next generation Open Road Tolling, Intelligent Transportation Systems and Radio Frequency Identification systems that secure access and vehicle registration for airports, hospitals, parking garages, border patrols, trucking fleets and rail carriers. TransCore also operates tolling customer service centers for transportation agencies throughout the U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada, and Dubai. TransCore is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Technologies Inc., a diversified growth company in the S&P 500, Fortune 1000 and Russell 1000 indices.
TransCore offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program. Participation is limited to regular full-time employees.
TransCore provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We especially invite women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/AA M/F/Vet/Disability
To learn more about TransCore please visit us at www.transcore.com.
Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not offered at this time for this position.
All referrals and r sum s are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department. TransCore will not consider unsolicited r sum s from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services and/or recruitment agencies.