Customer Service Representative - Aftermarket
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTennant is a recognized leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions for industrial and commercial markets, with more than $820 million in annual revenues. With a vision to become a global leader in water-based sustainable cleaning and other technologies, Tennant creates innovative solutions, such as our ec-H2O products, that are changing the way the world cleans.
Tennant employees work to create a cleaner, safer, healthier world. Tennant is a company that cares about what it's doing, and the sustainability of its products, and works every day to develop new solutions that clean exceptionally well, but don't damage the environment. Employees of Tennant Company work with a spirit of Stewardship. Very simply, Stewardship is a filter for our actions and decision-making, as we strive to leave things in better condition than when we found them.
* Answer incoming internal and external customer calls into 800 line phone queue
* Receive and process orders in an accurate and efficient manner for assigned Tennant products and services
* Invoice customers via numerous website portals and manage status updates
* Effectively resolve customer inquiries and quote requests balancing customer and company needs, escalating as appropriate
* Generate invoices, including approving returns, requesting adjustments and service notifications
* Accurately enter customer complaints into required software system
* Handle customer portal business
* Generate and gather process/system improvement ideas and assist in implementing them
* Educate customers on using our e-commerce system
* Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
* High school diploma or equivalent
* At least two years experience of Customer Service in a business to business environment
* SAP experience preferred
REQUIRED INTERPERSONAL & BEHAVIORAL SKILLS:
* Understands the importance of his/her role as a representative of Tennant by demonstrating a positive and professional service orientation to internal and external customers
* Anticipates, assesses, and responds effectively to the needs of diverse customers, both internally and externally, making excellent customer service a high priority
* Works productively, plans, uses time and resources efficiently, follows through to completion
* Identifies and prioritizes problems accurately, constructively, and in a timely manner
* Interacts and communicates effectively with others across levels and departments
* Shifts and adjusts priorities in order to meet emerging needs, able to adapt his/her approach as the requirements of a situation change
* Team player who quickly adapts to working independently
* Able to work in a fast paced, detail orientated environment
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Intermediate PC and PC application skills
* Strong attendance and punctuality
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.