Customer Service Representative (2016243)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
Sonoco Products Company
Arlington Heights, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Founded in 1899 on the belief that People Build Businesses, Sonoco is a global provider of a variety of consumer packaging, industrial products, protective packaging, and displays and packaging supply chain services. With annualized combined sales of approximately $5.4 billion, the Company has more than 21,000 employees working in more than 340 operations in 34 countries, serving some of the world s best known brands in some 85 nations. Sonoco values its people and is committed to giving them every opportunity to use their talent and skills to grow themselves, their careers and our Company. We offer world-class benefits, value people and teamwork, celebrate challenges, reward success, are committed to employee satisfaction and work/life balance, and are recognized worldwide for our commitment to growing future leaders. For more information on the Company, visit our website at www.sonoco.com.
This Customer Service group is not a call center. The successful candidate must have critical thinking, problem solving skills with excellent communication. They should have a natural drive to exceed expectations. They should be strong independent thinkers and be able to asses a situation break it down, outline the situation & come up with a proposed solution.
* Handle any customer questions or concerns regarding order status or other related issues.
* Maintain customer files both physical and in the computer system.
* Take and/ or process orders directly from the customer via email, EDI, and Faxed orders.
* Work closely with in-house production staff to communicate client information concerning guidelines and production schedules.
* Work with account managers to assist in day to day communication with customers, may assist in new projects for customers.
* Coordinate with production to ensure orders are scheduled and all deliveries are on time.
* Coordinate with appropriate staff to resolve client concerns or issues relative to ongoing/completed projects or quality issues.
* Generate requested reports
* Maintaining assigned files and computer records including pricing information, phone lists, purchase order requisitions/receipts, and blanket orders.
* Complete vendor forms
* Work on inter-department committees.
* Research any current or possible accounts receivable problems.
* Other related duties as assigned
* Well-polished communication and verbal skills; strong accuracy working with numbers
* Ability to multi-task, in a fast paced and vibrant work environment and good follow through.
* Keyboarding proficiency; ability to learn industry-specific computer systems
* Knowledge and understanding of the manufacturing process
* Excellent telephone etiquette, superior administrative skills
* Proficient in the use of computers, MS Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook) and other office-related software
* Strong organizational, teamwork, and communication skills
* Strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills with the ability to operate in a complex, rapidly changing business environment with typically tight schedules and demanding targets.
* Bachelors Degree preferred or equivalent work experience and associates degree
* 3 + years experience in customer service in a manufacturing environment preferred
Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States