Customer Service Representative - Harrison Finance Company
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
Provides excellent service to all current, former, or potential customers and actively solicits new customers for Harrison Finances products and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Assists customers in person or on the phone by researching and resolving account discrepancies.
* Takes applications for credit from customers, helps customer complete loan application, if necessary, and inputs required information in the system.
* Actively sells branch products and services through solicitations or persons entering or calling the office.
* Makes daily solicitation calls by phone in order to sell Harrison Finances products and services as permitted by law.
* Performs collection activities on non-critical past due accounts by calling on customer to determine their needs and to work out a manageable re-payment schedule.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
* Performs cash control function by operating cash drawer, processing bank deposits, and maintaining records and balances.
* Performs various office support functions such as entering applicant information, processing payments and disbursements, ordering credit reports and employment verifications, generating various reports, preparing correspondence, maintaining files, receiving and distributing office mail, and maintains inventory of office supplies.
* Provides administrative support to licensed insurance agents by entering and maintaining insurance information.
* Serves as notary for the office as required.
* Completes training and continuing education as required, or otherwise appropriate.
* Ensures information relating to branch operations (i.e. manuals) is distributed and stored.
* All other duties/special projects as assigned.
* Incumbent is required to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
* Requires a high school degree, or equivalent.
* Requires 1 year of customer service experience, with some collections experience preferred.
* An equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training will be considered.
* This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008. As such, upon active employment you will be required to either register on NMLS or re-register and move your previous registration. Your continued employment in this position is contingent upon successful registration immediately after your start date and annual renewal of your registration thereafter. In addition, information obtained during the registration process may impact your employment.
* This position requires a state Credit Insurance license and AD&D license, where applicable. New associates will have 90 days to obtain the Credit Insurance license and 9 months to obtain the AD&D license following the date of hire or transfer. Continued employment in this position is contingent upon successful completion of all licensing requirements within the stated time frame, as well as the ongoing completion of all requirements for maintenance or renewal of the license thereafter.
* Must have the ability to learn basic computer skills including the Microsoft suite of Office products including, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* Must have basic Math skills, with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
Essential Mental and Physical Requirements
* Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
* Ability to operate a keyboard if required to perform the essential job functions
* Ability to read and interpret a document if required to perform the essential job functions
* Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job functions
* Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 25 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division an undue hardship then the employee must be accommodated, hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
Job Category: Harrison Finance
Organization: Harrison Finance Company - Retail - Harrison Finance Division
Shift: First Shift
Job Type: Experienced
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Hancock Holding Company family of companies include: Whitney Bank (doing business as Hancock Bank in Mississippi, Alabama and Florida and Whitney Bank in Louisiana and Texas), Hancock Investment Services, Inc., Whitney Investment Services, Inc., Hancock Insurance Agency, Whitney Insurance Agency and Harrison Finance Company.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by federal, state and local laws.