Customer Service Representative (2016276)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Sonoco Products Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Founded in 1899 on the belief that People Build Businesses, Sonoco is a global provider of a variety of consumer packaging, industrial products, protective packaging and packaging supply chain services. With annualized combined sales of approximately $5 billion, the Company has more than 20,000 employees working in more than 330 operations in 34 countries, serving some of the world s best known brands in some 85 nations. Sonoco is committed to providing associates every opportunity to use their talent and skills to grow themselves, their careers and our Company. We offer world-class benefits, value people and teamwork, celebrate challenges, reward success, are committed to employee satisfaction and work/life balance and are recognized worldwide for our commitment to growing future leaders. For more information on the Company, visit our website at www.sonoco.com.
This position is responsible for providing superior customer service to the customers serviced by RPC. This position is critical to the division s success, as it is the primary contact for each of RPC s customers. The individual is responsible for all aspects of customer service including, but not limited to, direct customer contact, product and process knowledge, acting as liaison between plant and sales, order entry, price implementation, artwork processing, monthly sales forecasting, complaint resolution and handling prospective customer s inquiries. Additionally, the position is responsible for handling sales management for selected House accounts including securing credit approval and credit limits, pricing, inventory management, artwork management, accounts receivable resolution, and providing technical knowledge and support. This position will be required to adhere to all customer service standards and to maintain satisfactory results in all measured areas of customer service performance.
* Serves as primary plant contact person and information center for a base of customers
* Acts as liaison between plant and field sales to support the selling effort.
* Responsible for all customer service standards to provide consistent, professional service to all customers. Perform all duties so that the customer service metrics are within an accepted range. Work to improve performance in areas such as safety, on-time delivery, invoicing accuracy, house account compliance, forecast accuracy, CAR reduction, deduction resolution, etc.
* Manages all aspects of the house account policy. Manage this business in an effective manner to provide superior service to the customer and deliver additional revenue to Sonoco.
* Solicits incremental volume from customers to maximize profit, production efficiencies and reduce inventory levels.
* Provides customers with timely and accurate information on all requests. Maintains active customer files in compliance with division record retention policy.
* Secures written/electronic documentation, enters customer orders and releases and confirms delivery time. Balances customer needs and manufacturing concerns.
* Controls input and maintenance of order entry database, master orders and release orders, ensuring accuracy of specifications, pricing, sales analysis and inventory control systems.
* Actively communicates with division customer service manager in resolving any issues surrounding customer service.
* Resolves customer delivery problems by working with appropriate plant personnel when in conflict with efficient manufacturing or customer delivery requirements.
* Handles prospective customer inquiries, samples, quotations, and other services. Issues sample orders and follows up ensuring completion on a timely basis. Follow up with customers/prospects with the objective of obtaining sales for the division.
* Reduces Sonoco inventory through verification of customer specific over-aged and obsolete materials. Notifies account representatives, prepares invoices, and secures disposition. Maintains OA orders to reflect pricing for customer owned materials.
* Receives customer complaints, communicates and issues credit if necessary. Works to maintain positive perception of Sonoco and our products throughout the complaint resolution process.
* Verifies and implements customer pricing to assure invoicing accuracy. Maintains current customer pricing documentation.
* Resolves accounts receivable deductions within specified time frame. Determines validity through research and prepares documents for billing corrections, retroactive pricing, special items, etc., to recover Sonoco cost.
* Secures specifications for customer and division requirements resolving differences. Assists sales personnel with customer specifications by providing samples, cost savings potential, customer communication and approval.
* Assures credit control and cash in advance accounts are in compliance with division policies. Resolves customers when they exceed limits.
* Initiates and processes label artwork from customer to purchasing through final approval. Expedites label printing and delivery with vendor to ensure customer and plant requirements are satisfied.
* Recommends and establishes minimum/maximum label quantities. Reorders and releases labels based on analyzing customer s historical usage to meet division s inventory goals and customer authorizations. Analyzes customer monthly inventory reports for accuracy and distributes to customers.
* Prepares monthly sales forecast in an accurate manner and submits on required date.
* Coordinates sales activities for business transfers to accommodate permanent or backup supply positions without interruption of service. Works with customers and plant management on inventory build up and transfer forecast.
* Recovers division expense by soliciting pallet returns. Reconciles count and generates customer invoice for unreturned pallets.
* Negotiates with customers to deplete materials in inventory prior
Compensation and progression level will be based on candidate s experience and education, and current business needs.
4 year degree preferred
Hartsville, South Carolina, United States