Customer Service Representative - Horsham, PA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 3/14/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONBioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation's leading specialty and home infusion companies! Our focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients' lives. With over 2,500 employees able to service 46 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies, as well as Ambulatory Infusion Centers around the country. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of employee benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Referral Program, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
Due to our exceptional growth and success, we are recruiting for a CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE to join our team.
The customer service representative is the primary voice of our company. This position interfaces with customers, referral sources, pharmacies, as well as home health agencies and medical facilities to coordinate different aspects of care and prescription claim resolution. Further, the customer service representative will triage after-hours calls for our other branch locations to escalate urgent clinical concerns and ensure timely follow-up if needed. Accurate and consistent data entry in electronic medical records is essential. Also, the customer service representative functions as support for the location by working with other departments to ensure timely and accurate delivery of medication, equipment and supplies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Able to work productively in a dynamic, high volume call center environment by meeting call handling performance metrics.
* Communicates coordination of care information with team members, patients/caregivers, referral sources and home health agencies.
* Assists in performance of physical inventory if requested.
* Excellent organizational and multi-tasking sills to manage inbound call volume and outbound follow-up calls while providing exceptional customer service.
* Ensures compliance with any applicable State and/or Federal laws, accrediting requirements and company policies.
* Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
* Completes Company mandated and position specific training assignments timely and according to policy.
* Each employee is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of the Company. Each employee must be made aware of and understand proper internal control procedures associated with their specific job function as communicated by his/her manager.
* Each employee is responsible for reporting concerns that he or she may have with respect to deficiencies in internal control.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school graduate or equivalent required, college degree preferred. One to two (1 - 2) years of related healthcare experience preferred. At least one year of call center experience is preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and keyboarding skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with branch departments and department team members.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to promote a compassionate, caring, customer service oriented culture by operating in a professional and collaborative fashion.
* Knowledge of computerized information systems.
* Plans and organizes work effectively.
* Prioritizes responsibilities and workloads.
* Displays a neat, clean, professional appearance or demeanor at all times.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret information appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned. Ability to operate information systems, follow policy, complete required forms, prepare reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from referral sources, managers, patients, employees, payers and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as supply quantities.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
BioScrip is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, race, ancestry, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, legally protected medical condition, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Background checks and drug screens are part of our hiring process. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.