Customer Service Representative I - Structural - Midlothian, TX.- GER01908
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
This position is responsible for entering and managing orders to ensure timely and accurate orders are delivered to customers and customers are satisfied.
This position is responsible for supporting a specific product line or group of customers. Volume of sales and number of customers will range between 46,000 tons to 87,000 tons and between 27 to 170 different customers. Breadth of knowledge is dependent on area of responsibility but should include a basic understanding of mill and logistics operations, forecast planning, inventory management concepts, shipping and logistics knowledge, and customer service principles and objectives. Duties & Responsibilities
* Sales Order Management Activities (SOM) - Order creation, Reconfirmation, Delivery creation and Shipment creation activities to include: Take customer orders (via call or email) to include product needed, timeframe needed and price constraints. Find the product availability and enter the order and confirm. Manage any changes to the order to include timeframe, price, product quantity, etc. and ensure customer is aware of impact of changes (i.e., effectively manage his/her book of business). Create the shipment schedule and confirm order. Be aware of forecast sales targets and communicate with inside/outside sales reps. While obtaining the order, identify cross sell and upsell opportunites with customers based on trends and prior orders (make suggestions; however, no specific quota or territory responsibility).
* Coordinate with Fulfillment and Customer Service Mgr to find availability of materials and find alternatives to fulfill order for customer.
* Create account set up details to include credit, logistics and production or products (i.e., SKUs).
* Generate internal and external reports to understand order status and identify gaps.
* Open and process customer complaints (price, quality and logistics) to include follow up
2 or 4 year degree and 1 -3 year of experience in office or related type of environment; experience with MS Office suite and prefer experience previously with data entry, customer service and telesales.
Skills include: Customer Service, Product Knowledge, Quality Focus, Problem Solving, Market Knowledge, Documentation Skills, Listening, Phone Skills, Resolving Conflict, Analyzing Information , Multi-tasking, Inventory Mgmt/Shipping Salary & Benefits
* Medical and Prescription
* Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
* Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
* Health Advocate Services
* Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
Additional Agency Job Board Text Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or email@example.com.