Customer Service Representative - International
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe Build Careers As Strong As Our Products
Pelican Products is not only the global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced lighting systems and virtually indestructible cases for protecting valuable equipment---it's a great place to work. We're looking for team members who take pride in creating and manufacturing products that are preferred by professionals (including fire fighters, law enforcement and military personnel) who work in extreme environments across the globe.
With competitive compensation and benefits, our team enjoys a fast-paced, creative and exciting environment that allows them to flourish and be the best at their jobs. Employees are our greatest resource and as such, their talents are valued and their contributions are recognized. Pelican Products is a unique company that combines the stability and professionalism of a mature firm with the agility and spirit of a small, fast-growth company.
We are currently seeking a Customer Service Representative - International. This role will be responsible for providing excellent customer service and maintaining strong customer relations with Pelican s customer network. This includes account management from order entry through shipment, including proactively reporting on the status of orders and product price quotations, prompt order entry, providing freight quotations, lead-time requests, providing shipping and invoicing information.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Lead management: Manage leads within guidelines to develop interest in Pelican s product range at the dealer and end user level.
* Order management: Enters all orders in a timely and accurate manner. Proactively reviews the standard product backlog to ensure availability information and/or to suggest product substitutions. Maintains the customer cross reference table. Enters in RMA, debit and credit memo requests. Tracks and expedites all that pertains to the Concierge customer account.
* Design request/quotation, custom orders and contract provisions: Serves as the inside key contact for contracts and custom orders for Concierge customers, refers contracts to the appropriate parties for review, proactively provides update/status of contracts to the Concierge customer.
* Quotations and availability: Processes all Concierge customer quotations, including freight quotations using proper methods and practices. Determines complexity of quotation and assigns appropriate lead times. Proactively updates the Concierge customer of the status of their quotation and escalates the prioritization of the quotation as necessary. Provides product availability utilizing information in database.
* Technical Advice and Product Knowledge: Assists the Concierge customer with product selection, based on a strong understanding of all Pelican standard products. Provides information regarding product tests, engineering drawings and samples upon request.
* Customer Relationship Management: Build relationships with existing/prospective customers through calls and/or visits, if required, to provide support and upsell on existing or new opportunities. Build, through service excellence, customer loyalty and profitability as the customer advocate within the boundaries of Pelican s policies and guidelines. Determine competitive activity in the area and feed to organization via established tools working to resolve issues and retain accounts in conjunction with sales. Proactively working with customers to enlarge sales of Pelican s product lines and enhance promotional awareness. Maintain, retrieve, or input proactively requested or expected information within a customer portal regarding forecasting, orders, delivery, shipping, invoicing, scorecard, or reporting as needed.
* Quality and Safety Objectives: Actively supports Pelican s Quality Objectives and contributes to the Quality Management System as assigned. Actively supports and adheres to Pelican s Safety Guidelines and actively participates and contributes to the Safety Management System as assigned.
* Communication: Responsible for promptly answering incoming telephone calls and emails in a professional manner. Provides the Concierge customer with the most recent product information and updates. Processes requests for approved samples and literature and maintains scorecard goals. Advocates and volunteers for continuous improvement of processes, systems and procedures as needed.
* Troubleshooting: Receives and responds to Concierge customer complaints, investigates difficulties and coordinates with the necessary departments for prompt customer satisfaction. Will communicate with Sales and Directors as needed to ensure prompt customer satisfaction.
* Reports: Creates and updates custom reports and presentations such as, but not limited to, sales recaps, sales activity by region/industry and credit reports using Query Builders and various Microsoft applications for the Concierge customer.
* Finance and Record Keeping: Assists the Finance Department in resolving issues, including credit and debit memo entry, commission administration as required and providing rebate reports to a timely release. Provides account information to the Concierge Customer and maintains customer records by filing, posting, tabulating, word processing and sorting for the Concierge customer. Enters NCR and CRM support tickets and leads in CRM data base. Enters compliments and complaints for proper tracking of Quality initiatives.
* Other duties: Other duties may be required, including but not limited to, assisting the Concierge customer with trade show support and coordination of trade show samples and literature; providing training to co-workers and conducting peer reviews as requested by Department Manager or Supervisor. Other duties may be assigned by the Department Manager or Supervisor.
* Associates Degree in Business or related field preferred and/or a minimum of two years experience in a fast paced office or sales environment.
* Must have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
* Must be detail-oriented and have excellent customer service, organizational and follow-up skills.
* Must be proficient with Word, Excel and other appropriate software.
* Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar preferred.
* Trade show experience preferred; must have the ability to travel occasionally on an as-needed basis.
* Ability to read CAD drawings helpful, but not required
* Ability to speak and write in a second and/or third language helpful, but not required.
* Must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
* Must have the ability to complete assignments within the time frame specified by the Manager.
* Must be able to work overtime on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
Please apply at https://career4.successfactors.com/careers?company=Pelican. No calls please.
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law..