Customer Service Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
St. Albans, VT
Saint Albans, VT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAdecco is assisting a local client in recruiting for a detail-oriented Customer Service Representative in St. Albans, VT. This is for a temporary opportunity that will give you valuable experience to enhance your career. Successful candidates must have excellent verbal skills, be reliable and able to provide outstanding customer service. The Customer Service functions include, but are not limited to, customer relationship building, quotation creation, account management, and contract (order) management to grow sales and profitability.
If you meet the qualifications listed below please Apply Now!
• Prepares, processes, and follows up on business activity with customers, including quotes, orders, inventory, etc.
• Participates in continually improving the function and efficiency of the position.
• Provides, as needed, general office administrative assistance, including answering phones, filing, copying, data entry, etc.
2. Customer account management
• Effectively build strong customer relationships, and promotes clients current and future capabilities to prospects and customers
• Provide and model exemplary customer service necessary to develop long-term relationships with customers
• Creates customer loyalty and value through excellent customer support and industry leading contract (order) performance
• Record and maintain customer contact data utilizing CRM and Visual
• Bring the customer's voice directly into our business for the purpose of enhancing the organizational orientation toward satisfying the customer
• Calls customers and prospects to ask for orders and/or opportunity to quote.
3. Quote Creation and Execution
• Creates and send all quotes in territory and key account responsibility using Masters for estimating cost and lead time repeat part quotes, and the Estimation team for new part quotes
• Assure that customer's expectations are clearly defined with regard to performance, value added, schedule of deliverables, T&Cs, and payment schedules
4. Contract (Order) Management Execution
• Contract Management functions including customer PO review and reconciliation, order entry, internal documentation release, forecasting, communication and acceleration of delivery status, RMA resolution, and collections support
• Processes the release of shipments in accordance with the terms of the customer purchasing agreements
• Detect customer situations/attitudes and work with Sales Team and management to establish the company position and action plan
5. Other related duties as required
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE (Level 1):
1. AS in Business / related field or equivalent job experience; Bachelor's degree preferred
2. 0-3 years of work experience in customer service with a manufacturing company
3. Ability to work independently.
4. Ability to work with multiple projects simultaneously and completing them on time.
5. Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
6. Able to work within a team environment
7. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is required.
8. Demonstrated proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE (Level 2):
Includes all of Level 1 plus
1. 5 years of work experience in customer service with a manufacturing company
2. Assists, trains, and mentors level 1 employees
3. Ability to read engineering drawings, standards and specifications
4. Able to build strong relationships with customers, employees and management
5. Negotiate pricing to capture an order, generally within a 5% range of previous price.
6. Occasionally travel to customers or trade shows
Normally perform work at the clients office in St. Albans, Vermont, but domestic travel may be required. Office work is in a climate-controlled office environment. Time on the shop floo