Customer Service Representative - (Temp) - (Canton, OH)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY QSI/NextGen Healthcare has a legacy of building software that improves patient care and reduces healthcare costs. Now, we re bringing the best of the cloud, social media and mobile to healthcare. Come build the future with us! Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com .
Customer Service Representative (Temp)- (Canton, OH)
In your role as a Customer Service Representative you will ensure customer satisfaction by providing timely and accurate information when responding to client and patient inquiries. You will also provide thorough documentation of inquiries and paperwork while coordinating with other departments, as required, to obtain all necessary information for proper resolution.
* Primary responsibility is to answer the patient inquiry phone calls and retrieve and respond to messages from patients or clients.
* Participate in broad and varied assignments requiring understanding of billing and collection policies and procedures.
* Meet client needs by handling all patients inquires. This includes researching the issue, documenting in the billing system and responding back to the patient with the resolution to the claim.
* Respond to inquiries in a professional and timely manner utilizing customer service skills. Keeps patients informed of status and target resolution within two (2) business days.
* Resolve issues including correcting demographic and insurance information, rebilling claims and making adjustments
* May work budget reports and pre-collection reports for patient account
* Document all inquiries in the practice management software as well as Customer Service database
* Utilize management to improve customer satisfaction when dealing with problem situations
* Provide support for special projects for management
* Adhere to Clean Claims Act and HIPAA policy and procedures
* Maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers by providing superior customer service
* Minimum of one (1) year of customer service experience with knowledge of medical billing and reimbursement requirements
* Experience in a call center environment that require switching between multiple software systems dependent on type of patient call
* Experience working in a doctor s office, medical billing office or medical facility
* High School Diploma or GED Certificate
* Basic understanding of medical billing and collections practices and procedures
* Knowledge and understanding of math and accounting
* Basic understanding on medical terminology
* Basic knowledge understanding of practice management software
* Knowledge of healthcare carriers and payers
* Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Energetic with positive attitude and self-motivated
* Ability to multi task and work in a fast paced environment.
* Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology
* Knowledge of ICD 9/10 and CPT coding is highly desired
* Bachelor s degree in Finance, Accounting or healthcare related field
QSI/NextGen believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because QSI/NextGen believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.