Customer Service Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/24/2016
As a Customer Service Specialist with GREIF, you will perform customer service and inside sales duties. Act as a liaison between customers and manufacturing facilities, serving as the customers primary contact.
* Serves as primary contact person and information center for GREIF customers.
* Strengthen and maintain favorable relationships with customers.
* Provides customers with timely and accurate information, i.e., pricing, general mailings, specifications, plant production schedules, etc.
* Maintains active customer orders per company policies.
* Handles receipt of customer orders per company policies.
* Completes order entry procedures in a timely and accurate maer.
* Controls input and maintenance of order entry database, originating sales orders, confirming delivery times and ensuring accuracy of specifications, pricing and sales reports.
* Acts as liaison between plant, field sales, and customers to support the selling effort with all requests relative to customer base, plant operations, production lead times and drop trailers.
* Receives customer complaints and implements formal complaint procedure.
* Secures authorization for return of materials, initiates returned sales procedure, and prepares credit request.
* Handles customer inquiries, samples, quotations, specifications, and other services.
* Assists in resolving remittance discrepancies and prepares documents for billing corrections.
* Assures that credit control and cash in advance accounts are in compliance with company policies.
* Assists in setting up new customer accounts, including credit applications, tax exempt certificates, etc.
* Communicates general price increases by preparing and sending new quotations to customers and Establishes and verifies necessary information for paying rebate accounts.
* Solicits sales of specific product as needed.
* Recommends and participates in developing and implementing improved sales service policies and procedures.
* Assists the sales representative and sales manager in the development of sales forecasts and budgets.
* Assists in the orientation and training of other employees as requested.
* Develops knowledge of products, policies and procedures necessary to perform job duties.
* As needed, may participate in problem-solving teams for continuous process improvement.
* May schedule plant production.May be responsible for accounts receivable.
* May arrange trucks for shipments, and obtain freight rates.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* 1 - 3 years customer service experience, required
* 3 - 5 years, preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Demonstrated skills in both verbal and written communications.
* Excellent skills in math.
* Must be able to handle multiple tasks and effectively work independently within a team environment.
* Advanced knowledge of computers and related software.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive rapport with customers.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran