Customer Service Specialist (Part Time)- Inbound Call Center
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY:
Under limited supervision this Part Time Customer Service Specialist will receive and respond to incoming claim related calls.
Must be available to work five hours, either 12:00 to 5:00 pm or 11:00 to 4:00 pm.
CNA Insurance Company has an immediate opening for a Customer Service Specialist for our Brea, CA office. This is a Call Center environment where individual will be responsible for answering a high volume of informational calls.
This position is fast-paced and requires individuals who demonstrate the ability to produce a high quality of work, excellent decision making skills and consistently exceed established service levels. The qualified candidates must be detail-oriented, highly-organized, have the ability to multi-task and possess strong computer skills.
The required computer knowledge will include: Microsoft Office Suite Products including Outlook, Excel, Access or other similar database software, and excellent navigation skills on Internet Explorer. In this role, the employee must demonstrate the ability to multi-task using multiple computer systems and applications open on the desktop while retrieving information from one to complete fields in another.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receives and responds to incoming information inquiries via phone from internal and external (insured, broker, vendor) business partners and researches, then provides response.
2. Accesses and works with multiple applications and computer screens to researches and address customer issues.
3. Develops and maintains positive relations and coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure insured/callers requests and questions are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
4. Provides external and internal callers with requested information.
5. Enters follow up information on established claims.
6. Enters loss information into appropriate claims application.
7. Reviews and evaluates the incoming loss documents for complete and accurate information.
8. Receives first notice of loss, reviews and/or locates policies, validates coverage applied to claim to determine appropriate line of business and loss type.
9. May perform additional duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
1. Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including professional phone etiquette and the ability to work with internal and external customers at all levels.
2. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
3. Strong typing (accuracy and speed) and data entry skills.
4. Strong attention to detail.
5. Exceptional listening and customer service skills.
6. Ability to receive and make phone calls in courteous approach and manner.
7. Ability to work independently and to work effectively in a high volume environment.
8. Ability to work with other teams in a call center environment.
Education & Experience:
1. High School diploma or GED required.
2. Typically a minimum six months to one year typing, data entry, or call center experience preferred.
Primary Location: United States-California-Brea
Other Locations: United States-California-Brea
Job Posting: Sep 19, 2016
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.