Customer Service Specialist l - Overland Park, KS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
AON IS LOOKING FOR A Customer Service Specialist l. As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our National Flood Services group business group within Aon Affinity.
YOUR IMPACT AS A Customer Service Specialist l
The majority of your day will be spent speaking to customers over the phone coupled with the processing of underwriting of flood insurance policies in a very fast-paced environment. Customer Service Specialist average 40-60 phone calls from individuals and insurance agents on a daily basis. A broad range of inquiries are handled, including payment processing, making changes to existing insurance policies, assisting with quotes for new policies, filling new claims, or obtaining information on existing claims, just to name a few.
We strive to provide a remarkable customer experience one that is the standard by which others are measured. The expectations are high, but at the same time there is meaning in what our customer service representatives do every day to make a difference. You are expected to provide exceptional customer service on every call by accomplishing the following:
o Creating a great first impression with a smile in your voice
o Building rapport with customers delivering friendly and caring service
o Efficiently and effectively addressing the reason for the call
o Identifying opportunities to address additional needs and add value
* Some customers will contact you with concerns and frustration. You will use your skills and training to listen attentively, use empathy, defuse customer anger, and resolve the caller s concern. Although some calls will be challenging, this role at NFS provides you with the opportunity to make their day with each interaction.
* Attendance is VERY important in our environment. We are staffed based on the number of calls we expect to receive. When you miss time it causes extra work for your peers. It is very important that you are at work when scheduled.
* It is also very important that customer service representatives adhere to their schedule very closely so that customer calls are answered promptly meaning that they are available to answer calls during the time they are scheduled to be on the phone.
* Customer service representatives wear a headset and sit in a cubicle surrounded by fellow team members handling customer calls. Almost all of the work will be completed by using the phone system and a computer. You are expected to navigate between several different systems and screens while handling customer inquiries.
* You will be on a team of approximately 10-15 customer service representatives reporting to a supervisor. In addition to daily interaction with your supervisor, you will meet periodically to review performance. You supervisor will be close by and often will be available to answer questions and assist with issues as they come up.
* You will receive classroom and on-the-job training to prepare you for the level of calls that you will be answering. You will be required to demonstrate your knowledge by passing quizzes and tests during training.
YOU BRING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
HS Diploma or GED required
Strong communication skills both oral and in writing
Excel helpful & overall knowledge of computer programs
Attention to detail
Shifts vary from start times of 8:30 am to 11:30 am. Hours of operations are Monday thru Friday (7am-8pm) 40 hr work week.
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
All positions at Aon require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, frugality and stewardship, applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, and champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 0057063
CATEGORY: Customer Service/ Contact Centre
LOCATION: United States, KS, Overland Park