Customer Service Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Baton Rouge, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY:
Functions as the Customer Service Manager ensuring a solid operational foundation, builds relationships with customers while performing financial transactions including paying, receiving, and cash control duties, seeks to uncover financial needs, minimize loss, reduce risk, and deliver accurate and superior customer service by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs Lead Teller duties to including functioning as the Customer Service Manager which involves conducting morning huddles and weekly staff meetings
* Models leadership effectiveness by sharing best practices and recognition of team members on a weekly basis
* Completes Staffing & Scheduling coordination and duty assignments to ensure efficient operation of the branch
* Offers guidance, leadership, and coaching to Teller staff reinforcing policy and procedure
* Assist with branch morning and evening duties to include opening and closing the vault, working and locking the Night Depository, setting up the Teller station with supplies and cash, and balancing the Teller window/branch
* Oversees the branch Risk Management Review process and ensures dual control procedures are followed
* Utilizes Cash Forecasting tool to control supply of money on hand to meet branch need and legal requirements
* Promotes and processes deposits, withdrawals, check cashing requests, credit card advances, money orders, travelers checks, and other forms of negotiable items
* Monitors and manages operational loss within a branch to include granting staff supervisory override for transactions, ensuring proper hold placement for loss mitigation, and outage resolution
* Accurately utilizes equipment and remains knowledgeable of equipment functionality to include ATM, Cash Dispense and Recycler Machines, Currency Counter s and Coin Sorters to provide branch services
* Observes, Coaches, and Models sales and service behavior for Teller associates and assesses performance daily
* Promotes branch professionalism and the Standards of Excellence
* Demonstrates highest quality of customer service to include greeting customer, using their names, making eye contact, smiling, thanking for business, and offering another product or service
* Images proof work through branch capture machine to include reviewing work and making corrections
* Compiles required and special reports as requested
* Performs research and problem-resolution for customers as issues arise
* Coordinates branch and staff Business Continuity planning and execution
* Other duties and special projects as assigned by Senior Management
* Incumbent is required to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Manages employees on the Teller Line, Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws, Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & KNOWLEDGE:
* High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Minimum 1-2 years cash handling and customer service experience in retail/branch banking is required.
* Previous management experience in retail/branch operations is preferred.
* Banking office operations and functions.
* Planning, administration and overall direction of staff.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 30 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division an undue hardship then the employee must be accommodated, hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
Job Category: Branch Banking
Organization: Whitney Bank - Retail - South Baton Rouge
Shift: First Shift
Job Type: Experienced
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Hancock Holding Company family of companies include: Whitney Bank (doing business as Hancock Bank in Mississippi, Alabama and Florida and Whitney Bank in Louisiana and Texas), Hancock Investment Services, Inc., Whitney Investment Services, Inc., Hancock Insurance Agency, Whitney Insurance Agency and Harrison Finance Company.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by federal, state and local laws.