Customer Service Support Representative (HUBBELL) - Shelton, CT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 1/24/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONHubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2015 revenues of $3.4 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
The primary function of this position is to provide data entry within the department for multiple types of documents. Secondary responsibilities includes phone and project support for Customer Service as needed. Customer Service Support Representative must learn all functions of Customer Service with respect to ordering, shipping, invoicing, claims and adjustments, inquiries, complaints and related activities.
* Accept and enter into the SAP system all new orders phoned, emailed or faxed into Customer Service. Faxed/ email orders are managed thru OnBase Imaging System. Prioritize RUSH orders, enter air bill numbers and routing of air shipments to our distributors when requested. When accepting quoted orders, verify that quote is in the system and has not expired. If quote is not in system or has expired, route document in OnBase to the Quotations Department with a note indicating why order cannot be entered. Verify the order for accuracy. Required to complete at least 150 orders a day. Continuous improvement is required, as skills and knowledge increase.
* Review and maintain the RGA email addresses (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com). Provide courteous and prompt communications to and from via email with distributors or field sales force.
* Review Return Good Authorizations Request Faxed/ email RGA are managed thru an OnBase Imaging System. Verify data is accurate with correct approvals based on the signature metrics when submitted. If not provided, request sign off approvals. Enter data in to SAP. Email/ Fax copy of return back to original requestor and distributor.
* Assist with entry of RGA s for product complaints where material is to be returned to the Shelton location as requested by the Product Complaint/ Technical Service Manager. Email/ Fax copy of return back to original requestor and distributor. Issue credit as needed
* Review refused shipment log daily and take steps resolve the issue as needed.
* Learn and understand how customers enter returns (RMA s) online on myhubell.com.
* Accept and enter Credit and Debit requests. Verify data is accurate with correct approvals based on the signature metrics when submitted. If not provided, request sign off approvals.
* Provide phone support for Customer Service as needed with phone support codes, estimated multiple times a day and week. Handle incoming calls relative to taking inquiries, new orders, order changes, order cancellations, incorrect shipments, requests for proof of delivery, verification of shortages and invalid/discontinued/suggested replacement items. Provide price and delivery as required. Respond to customer requests for shipping information. Review current stock position, customer backorders, and material in transit and plant production notes in SAP to determine appropriate shipping date. If unable to determine a shipping date, send request to Customer Service expeditor. Provide follow-ups daily.
* Maintain good customer relations at all times. Provide reliable and prompt communications to and from distributors and Wiring Device/Kellems direct accounts both written and verbal on jobs they are working on.
* Must be able to analyze and evaluate problems that arise, and solve or get the answers expeditiously and thoroughly. Advise Customer Service Management of any problems (difficult customers, extended production dates, etc.).
* Accept and process new Orders via email or fax managed thru an OnBase Imaging System. Look up appropriate data pertaining to the order (customer number, consignee number, quote number, etc.) in SAP R/3 Operating System. Verify the order for accuracy. The total number of orders processed through On Base. Continuous improvement is required, as skills and knowledge increase.
* Deduction resolution. Review, research and resolve customer s deductions in a timely manner in accordance with the guidelines and processes of customer service.
* Monitor key department service indicators such as quantity of orders to be processed and entered, number of customers on hold and the hold time. Communicate with other Customer Service Representatives to reallocate resources to maximize overall service to customers.
* Educate customers on electronic business tools offered by Hubbell such as myHubbell (allows Distributors to enter/view orders, check stock, request returns, etc), Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) capabilities, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and the Hubbell website www.hubbell-wiring.com (allows customers and Distributors to obtain product and technical information including a Customer Satisfaction Survey). Order acknowledgements and emailed invoices.
* Perform other duties as necessary. Assist in other functions, projects, clerical duties, etc. as required.
* Four-year college degree preferred with additional courses in customer servicing / telephone techniques or High School degree with a minimum of 5 years of related customer service experience.
* Good command of the English language, strong phone skills and pleasant personality are required.
* Electrical and/or Mechanical knowledge or aptitude is a plus.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.