Customer Support Experience Designer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ABOUT US:
Do you love talking with customers? Are you passionate about designing simple solutions for them? Are you looking for an awesome company culture that is laser-focused on the customer experience? Do you like working with a team of like-minded, fun individuals who share your passions? Bring your vision, passion, and imagination to Veritas Services And Support! We need your help designing the best possible customer experience when they need support.
As a Customer Support Experience Designer, you will be responsible for designing best-in-class support experiences for customers using Veritas products around the globe. You will know your customers better than they know themselves. and have all the tools you need to design and test your solutions with them. And most importantly, you will have fun doing it!
* Designs that achieve our vision for the Veritas Customer Support Experience and a plan to make it happen
* A vibrant, visually-compelling, differentiated experience that delights customers, supports the core Veritas brand tenets, and is worthy of winning awards from industry competitions
* Positive impact on key metrics, including: improved self-service rates, preference to use online support channels, and reduction in customer effort when interacting with Veritas for support
* Partner with customers, UX, support, marketing, product management, and sales teams to develop designs that deliver best-in-class technical support
* Research key industry, technical support, and market trends to determine how our support experience can be improved
* Collaborate with other product managers, experience designers, and user researchers to align for a consistent experience across all customer journeys
* Play a key role in Customer Support Experience research and usability testing; help to create appropriate content for usability tests, evaluate results, and provide recommendations for improvements
* Effectively promote, articulate and present the Customer Support Experience vision within Veritas, adjusting the message as needed for different stakeholders (marketing, engineering, partner management, IT, etc.)
* Works on extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables. Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* Collaborate with customers, partners, and other external stakeholders to understand the current state and recommend future solutions
* Define and implement user discovery sessions, including: interviewing, participatory design, paper prototyping, and/or formal one-on-one usability tests
* Create necessary documentation to convey the design to customers and stakeholders (i.e. sketches, storyboards, task flows, customer journeys, UX wire frames, and visual designs)
* Create business requirements from designs to ensure technical partners understand priorities and can build the solutions as designed
* Specify hierarchical classification systems, nomenclatures, and taxonomies for navigation and site organization
* Influence the development of Support business processes and technical solutions
* Influence browser/delivery channel capabilities as well as the design of backend technical systems and ensure that user interface schemes are supportable and deliverable in the manner designed
* Provide editorial copywriting guidance to business stakeholders to optimize content for digital consumption and ensure greatest impact
* Monitor and understand analytics for ongoing tuning, refinement, and evolution of the Customer Support Experience design
* Facilitate decision-making with stakeholders; balance the needs of different constituencies and reach shared vision
* Closely work and align with support leadership, marketing, product management, and sales to design, test, learn, adjust, and implement identified solutions
* Interact regularly with various levels of the organization on matters concerning support experiences
* Understand, respect, and operate effectively in a culturally diverse environment
* Demonstrate the ability to change the thinking of others in sensitive situations
* Contribute fully as a team member, resolving conflicts, building relationships/networks and helping others
* Bachelor s degree or higher in related field highly desired
* 7+ years experience in related work (product management, business analysis, user research, ux/visual design, etc)
* Expertise with and passion for customer support preferred
* Strong knowledge of experience design best practices & principles for software, websites, & mobile applications
* Experience building and rapidly iterating on designs
* Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, storyboarding, and drawing skills
* A strong passion for simple, innovative, elegant, engaging experiences
* Outstanding portfolio showing hands-on experience design
* Demonstrated ability to work on collaborative teams or independently
* A passion for continuous self-driven learning about experience design trends
* Demonstrated organization and project management abilities; including strategic planning, facilitation and negotiation
* Analysis and problem solving skills
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Working knowledge of common software project management practices
* Working knowledge of common software development practices
* Experience with working in globally dispersed teams/cultures.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.