Customer Support Manager Help Desk
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
March of Dimes
White Plains, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
Customer Support Manager Help Desk
Full Time Regular
This job contributes to the March of Dimes success by managing the end-user support services of the Help Desk, including receiving, researching, resolving information systems problems and training customers. This position supervises the activities of Help Desk analysts, monitors productivity and quality, and maintains optimal staffing at all times. The Customer Support Manager manages and monitors the service tracking system to ensure that services level agreements are met on an ongoing basis and that problems are escalated appropriately.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports has resources, training, and teamwork to achieve business results. Train and supervise help desk analysts. Responsible for ensuring that they have the resources, information and knowledge to close as many calls immediately as possible.
- Ensures that all phases of help desk support are properly coordinated, monitored, logged, tracked and resolved appropriately. This includes communicating any foundation wide issues to both our user community and management with ongoing updates until resolution. Creates and manages escalation procedures and ensures service levels are maintained. Coordinates with Service Desk, other areas of IT and other departments to ensure that escalated calls are handled efficiently and within service level agreements.
- Analyze help desk call reports, surveys and other data to identify patterns of equipment failure, software problems or user training needs. Investigate, develop and implement systems or training solutions to reduce incidence of these problems. Provide monthly reporting of all calls received. Participate in quarterly operation calls with each region to facilitate a high customer service help desk.
- Ensures that all IT policies and procedures are adhered to at all times. Reviews surveys, handles calls, monitors and adjusts service levels to meet changing needs/expectations.
- Provide coverage for all off site travel through the calendar year to ensure that all field offices and foundation wide meetings are supported efficiently. Provides support for Board of Trustees meetings.
* Minimum 5 to 7 years of directly related experience.
* Four year college degree or equivalent experience.
* Extensive knowledge of software and hardware supported by IT required; training in a service tracking system (help desk software) required.
* Sound technical skills and ability to independently configure network devices, multi-function printers, computers, mobile devices and audio-visual equipment.
* Ability to troubleshoot and solve basic IP network problems.
* Experience in IT procurement and finding common-sense solutions with IT vendors.
* Previous experience with staff management/supervision required.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
* Problem-solving skills.
* Project management experience and reporting skills required.
* Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects