Customer Support Manager- Reference Labs Technical Support
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/9/2016
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONIDEXX Laboratories, Inc. is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for livestock and poultry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs more than 6,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
JOB SUMMARY: Manages activities in a Customer Support business group, providing internal business support/services/information and/or customer technical support for one or more Company products or services, including pet and other animal health care-related reference laboratories, diagnostic equipment and practice management computer system products for veterinarians, medical diagnostic and water-testing equipment and other products and services. Manages staff, assigning work and evaluating results. May be responsible for designing and implementing strategic programs across department. Supports the development of group budget, operating policies and procedures. Supports quality management system and other compliance requirements. Performs other duties as assigned. Adheres to and models the IDEXX Purpose & Guiding Principles.
* Responds resourcefully when faced with new challenges and demands.
* Models high levels of integrity and treating others fairly.
* People management experience in a customer service environment, customer contact center or technical services organizations, experience guiding support team member in a virtual environment is a plus
* Experience driving team goals, process improvement communication and workforce planning,
* Work closely with other Managers and Leadership to create support strategies, and processes
* Reasoning and analytical skills to resolve issues
* Experience managing teams responsible for installing and troubleshooting systems, upgrades, modules and peripheral equipment.
* Strong communication
* Ensure high customer satisfaction that support defined business goals
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manages activities in a Customer Support business group, providing customer and technical support for one or more Company products or services and/or internal business support or services
* Manages staff and/or supervisors, assigning work, monitoring activities and evaluating performance. Consistently communicates, builds customer and staff relationships and manages escalated/critical issues. Administers employment actions, provides coaching and guidance to staff and promotes staff training and development. Supports the development of department budget, policies and procedures.
* Leads work activities of the business group, planning and organizing work, providing for adequate staffing and resources and maintaining work on schedule so that ongoing internal and external customer satisfaction is maintained.
* Identifies and implements strategies and efficiencies to enhance customer experience and align with business operations.
* Communicates with other related departments to coordinate work and resolve issues as needed. Provides internal/external customer feedback and leads/participates in internal teams/projects related to product or process quality, new product development and improvements, services and other areas as needed.
* Leads/contributes to process/other improvements based on evaluation of existing procedures and business needs. Utilizes data, metrics and system tools to ensure efficiency and to maximize customer experience. Identifies problems, obstacles and opportunities and proactively takes action to address issues. Strives for continuous improvement.
* Leads maintenance of department technology and systems resources. Coordinates with technology departments, internal departments such as sales, distribution and installations, vendors and others as needed to resolve issues, perform system upgrades and maintain ongoing functionality.
* Leads implementation of quality program, performance metrics and quality improvements and ensures ongoing compliance in unit/group/area/program managed.
* Develops and delivers product and process training to Customer Support Employees and others. Monitors quality of Employee interactions with customers and develops and implements skill-building training. Maintains Customer Support compliance with internal and external regulations.
* Prepares reports and other information summarizing work activities and reports results to peer groups as well as senior management. Prepares various analyses as needed to highlight issues and resolve questions.
* Maintains knowledge of Company products and services and customer support knowledge as well as changes and developments in the industry affecting work activities. May participate in outside industry groups and forums related to business activities.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Adheres to and models the IDEXX Purpose & Guiding Principles.
MANAGES, LEADS AND DIRECTS STAFF ACTIVITIES IN ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
* Reference Labs Acts as customer relations interface between customers and the reference laboratories. Answering customer questions and resolving issues, engaging other Company resources as appropriate, such as providing lab test results, coordinating follow-up tests on samples, clarifying test results, coordinating pick-up and delivery questions and other issues. Researches questions and ensures ongoing customer satisfaction.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience required, preferably in Science or related field as applicable.
* 3 years related work experience managing supervisors/managers who manage a team, or exempt personnel with in-depth experience in the area managed.
* Call center experience a plus
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
SKILLS AND ABILITIES FOR ALL SPECIALTIES:
* Management skills and ability.
* Ability to organize, prioritize and direct work activities.
* Experience with the operations, products and services in the area managed.
* Customer service skills, with experience working with customers and maintaining good customer relationships.
* Reasoning and analytical skills to resolve issues.
* Project management skills and abilities.
* Communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Personal computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES FOR REFERENCE LABS:
* Ability to use and demonstrate an understanding of the technology and use of Company and competitor products the group supports.
* Strong computer and technical skills, with aptitude to learn applicable software and hardware as needed.
* Good understanding of general statistical and analytical techniques.
* Understanding of customer relationship management systems, customer service training and quality management system.
WHILE WE APPRECIATE OUR STAFFING PARTNERS, WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT UNSOLICITED AGENCY RESUMES