Customer Support Specialists- Desktop Support
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Fort Stewart, GA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Designated a 2016 Military Friendly® Employer
NCI: As the Customer Support Specialist ( Desktop Support Technician II ), you will hold a critical position on our dynamic team within the U.S. Army Regional Network Enterprise Center (RNEC) at Fort Stewart, GA. Your knowledge, experience and problem-solving abilities will ensure the government customer's customer service goals are supported to the highest standards and with the utmost professionalism. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.Highlights of Responsibilities:
* Provide phone, remote, and desk-side technical support to users in the areas of e-mail, directories, standard MS Windows desktop applications, and network connectivity.
* Perform troubleshooting and support to operating systems, peripheral devices, and layered software packages.
* Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
* Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
* Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
* Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
* Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remain involved in the resolution process.
* Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems.
* Apply necessary software fixes; monitor systems and performance; isolate problems within the infrastructure; perform diagnostic routines.
* Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people.
* Regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues.
* May resolve problems within established practices.
* Manage file access control permissions and coordinates file access with customer base.
* Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
* Support media management through internal methods and procedures and through Continuity-of-Operations-Plan (COOP) storage and retrieval services.
* Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Must have Security + CE Certification.
* Must have MCTS Windows 7 Certification or Vista.
* Must have an active DoD Secret Clearance (or ability to obtain one).
* Experience with Remedy.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* MCDST Desktop Support Technician 7 Certification
* Minimum 3 years of experience with Windows Vista and Active Directory Structure.
* Working knowledge of SMS or other remote tools
* Minimum 2 years of Customer Support.
facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.