Customer Technical Support Engineer 9/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Looking for a rewarding and challenging career with a dynamic, growing organization? Phacil is your answer. We have an immediate need for a Customer Technical Support Engineer to support an important government customer in Herndon, VA.
Clearance Level (Required to Start):
Daily Job Responsibilities:
* Resolves most complex Tier 2 tickets for specific Department of State applications.
* Performs problem resolution on the telephone with users or via E-mail.
* Walks the user through a series of steps to determine problem and classify level, priority and nature of the most complex problems and systems.
* Provides advanced technical advice and guidance on installation, adaptation, configuration or enhancement of hardware and software.
* Possesses a wide range of in depth skills and knowledge in computer hardware and software as well as networking systems in use at customer sites.
* Provides expertise for the resolution of technical problems, troubleshoots products and modifies products to customer requirements.
* Ability to quickly analyze data and perform necessary actions to resolve issues including scripting, server restarts.
* This position provides 7/24/365 coverage for the customer.
* 5+ years of technical support experience
* Highly developed customer service skills
* Ability to research and resolve highly technical and user related issues
* Ability to communicate effectively with other technical staff located around the globe
* Demonstrable skills in SQL and TOAD in an Oracle environment
Technical support experience in Department of State
Degree & Years of Experience: Bachelor's degree in related field and 5+ years of experience or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
ITIL v3 Foundation
Some occasional travel may be required.
Phacil is a leading provider of mission-focused, results-driven technology solutions to the federal government. We continually demonstrate Commitment to our customers, Excellence in performance, and Service to the nation. Customers trust Phacil to solve their most complex challenges by delivering uniquely-tailored technology solutions that maximize value and mission success.
Phacil offers a diverse range of technology services, including Software Services, Systems Engineering/Integration and Operations (SEI&O), Cyber Security and Service Desk. Our team of nearly 900 energetic, highly-skilled professionals support customers across the country and abroad.
Phacil continually strives for performance excellence as evidenced by corporate certifications, such as ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013, performing certified ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and CMMI Maturity Level 3 (for both Development and Services) work on contracts. Phacil has won numerous awards, including rankings on Washington Business Journal's Top Government Technology Contractors, CRN Solution Provider 500, and Tech Council of MD's Contracting Firm of the Year, to name a few.