Cyber Security Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Under general direction, the Cyber Security Architect will report to the Manager of Security Engineering and Architecture and will be responsible for working with senior staff (technical and business) and subject matter experts to document security requirements, architect environments, research best practices, conduct trend analysis, and identify gaps in developing future-state. The cyber security architect will ensure Travelport is protected from any potential leaks or malicious activities through security hardening, new product review, and helping to implement best of breed security technologies in the environment. Additionally, this resource will provide technical leadership, guidance, and daily direction for the Security engineering team.
* Assists Security Operations and Security engineering teams with high level architectural and engineering questions, analysis, and design.
* Work with senior staff (technical and business) and subject matter experts to document current security products/practices (endpoint security, MDM, Device AuthN, IDM, Network security, Monitoring/Operations, Incident management, Application security, encryption, Anti-Virus, IPS/IDS, Firewalls, etc.) requirements and architecture, research best practices, conduct trend analysis, and identify gaps in developing future-state designs and specs.
* Develop technical standards for the corporation and provide subject matter expert level advisory services regarding commercially accepted best practices for security systems.
* Provide security architecture and consulting services with business units and IT organizations.
* Understand customers' business drivers and requirements and translate those into technical solutions.
* Contribute to developing new business by providing subject-matter expertise and effort estimates to proposals.
* Create white papers and other internal documentation highlighting industry best practices for information security in technology development and applications.
* Creates, develops, and maintains standard practices and procedures to respond appropriately to internal and external threats.
* Follows Information Security process, policies and procedures congruent with standards and industry best practices.
* Participates and provides input for any performance management activities.
* Minimum of 10+ years of experience in Information Technology
* Minimum of 5+ years of experience with direct responsibility for hands on architecture, design, development and deployment experience of security technologies.
* Minimum 5+ years of experience in administering security controls in an organization
* Experience with multiple information technology and security technologies: IIS, SQL, firewall, IPS/IDS, Windows, Linux, Anti-Virus, mail filtering, WAF, encryption, CA authority, IDM/IAM, multi factor authentication, SSO, VPN, Vulnerability Management, DDoS, SIEM, FIM, WIPS, MDM, Pen Testing, etc. Hands on experience managing an array of security tools (e.g. Web Content Filtering, Malware, Firewalls, Intrusion Protection, etc.
* Knowledge of VMware and VM server platforms
* Knowledge about security standards/policies (PCI, ISO 27001, SOC, SOX, NIST, CIS, etc.)
* Maintains a broad knowledge of current and emerging network security threats.
* Strong time/project management skills with the ability to operate under deadlines and manage fluctuating workloads.
* Ability to write security requirements and design documents.
* Ability to analyze complex problems and recommend/negotiate solutions.
Required Training & Education:
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Network Security Engineering or related major or equivalent work experience.
Desired Training and Education:
* Current SANS certification holder (technical tracks) strongly preferred
* Security Certifications desired, CISSP, CISA, CPISM, ISSAP, OSCP, OSWP. Other industry certifications preferred, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, MCSE, CCSA, CCSE, CCSM.
* Application or software security certifications are preferred, such as CSSLP, GIAC GWEB/GSSP-Java/GSSP-.NET, etc.
* Travel industry preferred.