Cyber Security Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Optimal Solutions and Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: Cyber Security Engineer
LOCATION: Morgantown, WV
JOB ID: 1762
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on project excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & non-profit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC DUTIES IN A TYPICAL WORKDAY FOR THIS POSITION:
* Enterprise security systems administration to include installation, operation, and maintenance of firewall, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, vulnerability, and authentication technologies
* Perform threat monitoring, incident response, incident handling, vulnerability and risk management
* Perform routine infrastructure security operations and project support, collaboration, and tasks
* Research, evaluate, recommend and implement security tools/technologies to automate and improve security processes
* Evaluate and recommend mitigation strategies for newly discovered security vulnerabilities
* Develop new or update existing procedures to enhance security posture of systems, networks and infrastructures
* Assist in compliance with FISMA, Program Cyber Security Plan (PCSP) and internal Cyber Security policies
* Assist with external/internal cyber security audits, Continuity of Operations Plans and Disaster Recovery Plans
* B.S. in Information Technology Security or Computer Science and 4years relevant work experience or Master
Degree and 2 years related work experience or 10 years related work experience.
* Cisco certification - CCNA
* Experience in assessing and implementing new security technologies
* In depth experience in administering and monitoring Cyber Security/Information Assurance controls including intrusion detection, consolidating system and security event logs
* Assessing and reporting results of system vulnerability scans and developing mitigation strategies Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) technologies
* Experience with the following technologies: Solar Winds, Cisco ASA, Cisco IOS, Cisco routers and switches, Splunk, RSA, IDS/IPS, SIEM technologies
* Strong written and verbal communications skills
* Experience with the following platforms: Windows, Linux
* Knowledge of NIST and FIPS processes, procedures and guidance.
* Experience with FISMA reporting requirements such as continuous monitoring, incident response, and vulnerability management.
* Strong understanding of enterprise IT including networking infrastructure, systems administration, data centers, and software applications.
* Strong understanding of IT and telecommunications systems, network interoperability, and cyber security best practices
* Works well with minimal supervision, ability to interact well with other teams and ability to interact effectively with customers
NICE TO HAVE:
* Certifications in Cyber Security (CISSP or equivalent)
* Experience with implementing DISA STIGs
* Prior experience working on a federal government IT environment
This is a full-time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance. To be considered for this position, please apply online with an MS Word resume.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.