Cyber Vulnerability Researcher/Reverse Engineer (Mid-Level)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 1/24/2017
Assured Information Security, Inc.
Do you like tearing apart software systems to find out what makes them tick* Would you like to be well paid to do it* Researchers at AIS have many opportunities to work a diverse range of exceptionally challenging problems, and are routinely encouraged to define new research problems. Our research and development projects cover the spectrum of cyber security technologies. Roles and Responsibilities
* High level of motivation; self-starter; results driven
* At least 5 years experience in Vulnerability research or analysis
* Must be able work as part of a team and provide leadership designing and building novel software capabilities
* Must be able to work independently on research and development related tasking
* Must have expertise in the foundational elements of computer security and/or system vulnerability analysis
* commitment to contributing to project documentation throughout development
* Overall understanding of computer and network security and cyber related activities
* Exposure to vulnerability identification and reverse engineering
* Capable of understanding and developing C and Unix software development environments
* Knowledgeable with computer network traffic and traffic analysis
* Analysis of malicious network activity, network protocols, protocol analysis
* Reverse engineering Windows applications, using IDA Pro, OllyDbg, Windbg, and others;
* Reverse engineering Windows kernel modules, using IPA Pro, OllyDbg, Windbg, and others;
* Implementing cryptographic algorithms;
* Understanding of common attack methodologies and exploit techniques
* Strong knowledge of tools used for software analysis including:
* IDA Pro and open source disassemblers
* Windows-based user-mode and kernel-mode debuggers
* Visual Studio
* Hex editors
* Run-time analysis tools
* Virtualization based analysis tools
* Strong understanding of Windows internals
* Comprehensive understanding of common Windows APIs
* Ability to analyze and develop shell code
* Understanding of software exploitation techniques
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Security Clearance Requirements: Must be a U.S. citizen with current Top Secret (or Top Secret eligible). Applicants must undergo a counter-intelligence (CI) polygraph if they do not have a current CI-poly.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline and 2 to 5 years of experience; or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline; or 7+ years of job related experience.
AIS is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor. EEO/AA/M/F/Veteran, Disabled