Sr. IDS Watch Analyst - Day Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Are you looking for a rewarding career in an innovative culture* We work directly with the Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies, engaging in some of the most challenging and critical IT work on the planet! We are currently looking for a Sr. IDS Watch Analyst to support our team in Alexandria, VA at the United States Coast Guard for the day shift. This position requires an active Top Secret clearance and candidate must be eligible for DOD TS/SCI clearance.
* Support operational watch and situational awareness requirements for the customer. Provide situational awareness and readiness reporting for the customer program leadership. Support coordination and information collection related to incidents, investigations, Task Orders, and other communications within DOD and DHS.
* Responsible for managing shift personnel to ensure proper coverage, standardized processes, develop and update documentation as required, and reporting.
* Ensure team coverage 24/7; this also includes weekend work.
* Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
* Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record, escalate and report incidents.
* Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
* Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
* Maintain IDS signatures and policies.
* Be able to modify/add custom IDS policies and signatures to account for lack of monitoring in threat areas as warranted by threat changes, such as zero-day attacks. This includes the use of Sourcefire rules.
* Identify misuse, malware, or unauthorized activity on monitored networks. Analyze and solve problems related to network, system, forensic and malware analysis.
* Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
* Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
* Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
* Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Knowledge of industry accepted standards and best practices related to incident response operations.
* Demonstrated excellence in analytical and problem solving skills related to network, system, forensic and malware analysis.
* Min. 5 years exp. with security technologies including Intrusion Detection & Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), Firewalls & Log Analysis, Security Event and Incident Management (SEIM), Antivirus, Network Packet Analyzers, Security Systems Manager, malware analysis, forensics tools, and reverse engineering.
* Demonstrated knowledge in information technologies to include computer hardware and software, operating systems, and networking protocols.
* Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
* Knowledgeable on computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, development and/or analysis, interpretation, and compliance with federal and agency IT security policies and regulations.
* Must be IAT III and CND A compliant (CISSP/CASP, CEH) or in 90 days,
* Must have a Top Secret clearance and be SCI clearable
* Previous leadership experience is required
* Silled in system auditing (CISA) desired
* Experience with computer forensics and investigations desired
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics, a Haystax company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.