This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/21/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Physics, Department of Radiation Therapy, this position will be responsible for all Cyberknife physics related services. This includes, but is not limited to, the Cyberknife Program, all other Cyberknife cases, ordering, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and software associated with Cyberknife, performing all Quality Assurance procedures for Cyberknife.
* Perform physics and dosimetry duties for all Cyberknife procedures at the BIDMC and associated hospitals.
* Maintain and upgrade all existing Cyberknife hardware and software.
* Perform all necessary Quality Assurance (QA) duties related to Cyberknife. This includes the annual review and update of the institutional Quality Manage Program (QMP) as it relates to Cyberknife.
* Maintain and grow the existing research program in Cyberknife. The incumbent is expected to actively publish in the trade journals, as well as present at national and international conferences.
* Working directly with the department's administrative director to optimize billing and revenues.
* Bachelor's degree in Physics or related science required.
* 5-8 years related work experience required in in Radiation Therapy Physics, preferably Cyberknife physics..
* The incumbent must show a proficiency in computer software and a good understanding of mathematics.
* Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
* 5-10 years experience in Radiation Therapy desired.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
* Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Cyberknife Physics Team
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf