Cyberphysical Security Researcher 8/30/2016
Hitachi America, Ltd.
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CYBERPHYSICAL SECURITY RESEARCHER
COMPANY: Hitachi America, Ltd.
LOCATION: Santa Clara, CA
Hitachi Americas (www.hitachi-america.us) Network Systems Laboratory (NSL) is an applied research group focusing on solving real world problems through customer co-creation approach starting from problem identification to solution co-creation. NSL is responsible for developing solutions and technologies encompassing security, sensing, connectivity, and edge analytics for Hitachis IoT platform to accelerate integration of IT and OT across various market segments such as Energy, Transportation, Manufacturing, Healthcare, and Smart Cities. We are currently developing technologies to enable an end-to-end secure, reliable and scalable IoT platform with turnkey connectivity from sensors to the analytics platform, cloud managed domain-aware edge analytics solutions, fault-tolerant and optimized field networks. Additionally, we also frequently participate in global standardization activities such as Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC), International Society of Automation (ISA-99) and 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) to share Hitachis technology vision for addressing social infrastructure challenges.
We are looking for an IoT Security / Cyberphysical Security researcher with strong understanding of security and privacy needs for various Internet of Things (IoT) verticals such as Connected Car, Factory Operations, Industrial Control Systems, Energy Microgrids, and Healthcare. The ideal candidate should have domain expertize in at least one of the above mentioned IoT verticals. Its also desirable that the candidate has hands-on experience with software development and be able to contribute to security/privacy discussions in standardization bodies such as IIC, ISA-99, and IEEE P2413.
* Contribute to IoT security R&D by formulating security research problems for various IoT verticals encompassing endpoints, communication layer, and the cloud.
* Contribute to IoT security/privacy standardization activities (some travel may be required).
* MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field with proven track record in security for at least one IoT vertical.
* Minimum of 3-4 years of security R&D experience in university during MS or PhD and at least 1 year of IoT vertical related experience either in university or industry.
* Familiarity with sensor data security research. Understanding of security requirements for various IoT verticals such as Connected Car, Industrial Control Systems, Smart Cities.
* Knowledge of cloud and edge network security/privacy concerns.
* Experience in software development on embedded platforms is a plus. Experience in networking protocols and various last mile wireless systems is a plus.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
EOE-FEMALES/MINORITIES/PROTECTED VETERANS/INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES