- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Cybersecurity Engineer Senior
ECS Federal, LLC (ECS) is seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer Senior to work in our Alexandria, VA office.
ECS Federal is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Cybersecurity (CS) Engineer Senior with experience supporting the United States Navy to work in our Alexandria, VA office. This individual will support one of our CS teams, reporting to a CS Lead. The CS Engineer Senior will:
* Directly interface with various government officials including N6 and N3 Program Managers, PSNet Program/Project managers, PSNet Engineering groups, OGA representatives and outside vendor/contractor support personnel. CS Engineer maybe assigned as primary action officer or project management liaison requiring good communications, negotiation, coordination and facilitation skills.
* Work closely with our Network, Application Development and Enterprise Services teams to deliver solutions of the highest quality. Will also work closely with Security Operations and Validation teams to ensure compliance with Federal and DoD regulations, and Cybersecurity best practices.
* Provide Cybersecurity (CS) expert analysis required for DIACAP/RMF certification and accreditation (C&A) projects. The candidate execute all steps necessary for validating systems and ensuring accuracy of C&A packages; and assure applications/systems maintain a valid accreditation.
* Other roles will include architectural reviews of existing security solutions, and the design and implementation of a new vulnerability scanning and compliance monitoring infrastructure.
* This is a hands-on position that requires someone who is capable of multi-tasking. It requires an individual with a service oriented mentality that can focus and take ownership of assignments/issues, and manage/resolve those issues.
* Work well in a team oriented environment, and be able to self-manage their tasks to ensure success.
* Communicate up and down within the organization; prepare detailed descriptions of issues, status updates, recommendations, and reports. Applicants must be organized with an eye for detail.
Some travel required. Salary is commensurate with experience.
* Bachelor s Degree in a related field of study or equivalent experience
* 7+ yrs. experience working in a DOD environment (Contractor/Civilian/Military), preferably Navy.
* Thorough understanding of DoD Information Technology best practices
* Thorough understanding of DoD Cybersecurity best practices
* Thorough knowledge of DODD 8500.1, DODI 8500.2, and other IA guidance.
* Must possess security certification (CISSP, CASP CE, CISA, GCED or GCIH) for the Information Assurance Technical (IAT) III in accordance with the Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, DoD 8570.1-M.
* 7+ yrs. experience in security test & evaluation under DIACAP (DODI 8510.01, November 2007) in operational IP based network environments.
* Demonstrated experience with security / validation testing tools to include vulnerability scanners (Retina, Nessus), DISA STIGs, SRR, and DISA checklists.
* 7+ yrs. experience in IP based network (LAN/WAN) environments managing services such as: Active Directory, PKI, DNS, HBSS configuration and maintenance.
* Demonstrated Experience with two of the following vendors: VMWare, MS Windows, and Red Hat Linux. or7+ yrs. experience in IP based network (LAN/WAN) environments managing devices and services such as: routers, firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), intrusion prevention systems (IPS), DMZ's, VPN's, network monitoring and protocol analysis and traffic management.
* Demonstrated Experience with one of the following vendors: Juniper, Cisco.
* Good oral and written communications skills.
* Good interpersonal communications skills.
* Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint experience.
* Microsoft Visio experience
* Minimum active SECRET security clearance required.
* Able to pass SSBI / receive Top Secret clearance.
* Must be US Citizen
* Master s Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, or Information Systems/Technology Management
* Experience developing Cyber or Physical Security CONOPS.
* 1+ yrs. experience in security test & evaluation under RMF (DODI 8510.01, March 2014) in operational IP based network environments.
* Vendor Certification with one or more of the following: VMWare, MS Windows, and Red Hat Linux.
* Vendor Certification with one or more of the following: Juniper, Cisco.
* ITIL Foundation Certification.
* Experience with all of the following Juniper, Cisco, VMWare, Windows, and Red Hat Linux.
* Demonstrated experience with McAfee HBSS (ePO, HIPS, Anti-Virus, etc ).
* Microsoft Project experience
* Experience with large platform afloat communications suites, and information systems is highly desired.
* Active SSBI or Top Secret clearance
ECS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS also maintains a drug-free workplace.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 1400+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
ECS Federal provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS Federal also maintains a drug-free workplace.