Cycle Counter/Material Handler II - 1st Shift 9/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The Appliances team is looking for a Cycle Counter Material Handler to work at our manufacturing location in Jonestown, PA. This position will report to the Logistics Supervisor at the facility. The Cycle Counting Material Handler is responsible for counting physical inventories of finished goods in accordance with Cycle Counting Procedures and Policies. The goal is to count all inventories locations within a specified period of time. Comparisons are made between the physical inventories appearing in a location verses what appears in SAP. Additionally, the Cycle Counting is responsible for randomly checking a pre-determined number of material items daily.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Operate specific material handling equipment safely and efficiently as required. Use radio frequency equipment functions as required
* Physically count the number of PN s in the location and compare to Scale.
* Identify the PN and compare with Scale.
* Document information per the cycle counting procedure daily and provide results to the Cycle Counting clerk on a consistent pre-determined basis.
* Assist with the reconciliation of any identified material variances.
* Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Comply with OSHA and MSDS standards.
* Communicate effectively with other departments as appropriate, providing information on inventory as requested.
Education / Experience
* One (1) year of experience involved in performing work in a warehouse that requires the use of various warehouse practices
* Knowledge of inventory management procedures and general warehousing terminology and practices
* Skills in mathematics, personal computers, and related applications are vital
* Interpersonal and communication skills are important
* Experience with and ability to operate material handling equipment, electric pallet jack experience preferred
* Must be capable of repetitive lifting of up to 50 lbs; must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time; ability to bend, stretch and reach
* HS diploma or GED required
* Ability to read, write, and speak English
* Ability to count accurately, do simple math and write legibly
* Familiarity with Radio Frequency (RF) equipment is preferred
* Strong sense of urgency; flexibility in meeting deadlines
* Strong attention to detail and quality
* Computer skills required
* Ability to pass all pre-employment physical testing
* Ability to work in a team environment with material handlers on shift as well as assembly / production operators
* Must be able to lift and carry a maximum weight of 55.1 lbs safely & dependably, including repetitive lifting of up to 50 lbs
* Must be able to push a maximum weight of 81 lbs safely & dependably
* Must be able to pull a maximum weight of 88.8 lbs safely & dependably
* Frequently required to extend arms and hands between knees & shoulders; frequent holding and grasping with hands.
* Frequent standing and walking for extended periods of time is required in this job.