This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
The Cyclotron Site Engineer / Operator, under the supervision of the Cyclotron cGMP Core Director /or other assignment, will be responsible to perform and document the cyclotron production of isotopes, operation of FASTlab synthesis modules, quality control instruments and radiation safety instruments, as well as being an assistant in the delivery of doses to customers. This position will document and ensure timely maintenance and repair of the cyclotron and all other laboratory equipment in the facility including manipulators, hot cells and automated synthesis units. This position will ensure that the facility complies with the Houston Methodis's radiation safety (including radioactive delivery system), environmental safety (including gas deliver lines), and chemical safety policies.
1. Functions as part of a team of peers to provide service and maintenance to the instruments / equipment to ensure maximum productivity and system up time.
2. Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement.
1. Manages spare parts usage to minimize cost and maximize effectiveness.
2. Performs sourcing of parts and laboratory supplies from approved vendors and direct from manufactures.
3. Perform the tasks efficiently with the prioritization.
1. Responsible to partner with Documentation Specialist to ensures radiation, environmental and chemical safety policies are maintained and in place.
2. Perform FASTlab radiopharmaceutical production and quality control in a cGMP environment.
3. Ensures all equipment is well maintained, calibrated and safe for use.
4. Conducts investigations on instrument / equipment related process deviations / incident.
5. Develops and timely update schematics for delivery and waste systems
6. Responsible for understanding principles and safety issues related to the cyclotron operation and laboratory radiation safety.
7. Responsible for coordination of radiation safety and documentation with Radiation Safety Officer
8. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and correct minor safety hazards. Timely inform the cyclotron staffs for the safety related changes.
1. Provides CGMP grade PET radiopharmaceuticals to customers.
2. Facilitates renewal of service contracts process.
3. Responsible for troubleshoot using a schematic and multi-meter for voltage checks and resistance checks.
4. Serves as a the primary contact to GE for any scheduled or necessary equipment maintenance
5. Provides training on cyclotron operation and radiation safety in coordination with Radiation Safety Officer.
6. Routinely records the equipment s (cyclotron, synthesis modules and quality control related instruments and system) inspection, validation, maintenance / log book. .
7. Ensures cyclotron operation meets all regulatory requirements.
1. Identifies and present areas of for improvement regarding manufacturing of PET radiopharmaceuticals to management.
2. Maintains required up-to-date certifications and knowledge.
High School Diploma or Equivalent Required. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering preferred.
Minimum 3-5 years experience in electronic, computing, or electromechanically environment required OR RI Internship experience required.
Cyclotron operation and maintenance experience is a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
CGMP and PET Certification Required or must be able obtain certification within 12 months of employment.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Ability to work independently and with a cross-functional team
Ability to safely work in regions of high voltage and radiation
Knowledge of radiation safety requirement in a high radiation level facility, practices and proper use of specialized equipment.
Experience in operating automated hot cells
Standard laboratory environment; Some assignments may be in hospital units with typical hospital environmental hazards and concerns.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.