Cylinder Control Specialist
Airgas is a great company. Over the years, we've gone from being a $3 million local distributor to a $5 billion leader in the industrial, medical and specialty gas industry. And with our recent acquisition by Air Liquide, it now makes us the leader in North America, complementing number one positions in Europe, Middle East/Africa and Asia-Pacific. We will also be number one in Industrial Merchant, Large Industries and Electronics, and one of the key players in Healthcare.
Cylinder Control Specialist
Cylinder Control Specialist works with the Cylinder Control team, sales and operations in order to help provide oversight and management of the Divisional cylinder population with the goal of achieving accuracy in customer cylinder records and branch on-hand cylinder balances. This will include customer audits, physical counts at branch locations, review of cylinder records for negative and unusual cylinder balances and other procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Based on review of cylinder records/other information and coordination with sales and branch operations, determine cylinder adjustments to customer accounts.
* Review utilized cylinder and dock stock trends by branch and customer investigating major changes.
* Assist local sales managers and branch personnel with large-scale customer cylinder audits.
* Review of uneven cylinder transactions and creation of negative cylinder balances (daily).
* Review for SOP compliance regarding cylinder activity, performing periodic audits at branch and/or plant locations.
* Assist in review of distributor/dealer customer cylinder balances, coordinate and perform routine audits to ensure accuracy of cylinder records.
* Assist with cylinder balance verification related to acquisitions.
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
* Branch or plant-related experience preferred or experience in inventory, auditing
* Experience with SAP or other ERP systems a plus
* The Cylinder Control Specialist should have a solid understanding of branch and plant operations and how cylinder activity is processed and maintained.
* The successful candidate must have a strong client service mindset.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess:
* Detail and multi-task oriented. Maturity to make effective decisions and accept ownership. Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision/direction. Surface issues and drive to solutions.
* Strong organizational and people skills. The ability to work and navigate within a complex matrixed organization.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to understand the impact on new technologies on processes and assist with the integration of new technologies into day-to-day operations.
Airgas offers a full benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Downtown Parking and more.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability