This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Linde North America, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Responsibilities:
* Clearly understands and follows ALL Linde Safety Policies including but not limited to proper PPE, proper lifting techniques, and local site safety requirements.
* Has understanding of basic GMP's and Quality Control concepts and practices.
* Count all incoming cylinders.
* Load/unload trucks on a daily basis.
* Pull cylinders and verify lot numbers as required.
* Examine returned cylinders for surface defects such as dents, cracks, or burns and transports cylinders to designated work area.
* Ability to recognize and detect test and defective cylinders and properly separate them from production in identified quarantine areas.
* Remove any and all old labels and clean cylinders using approved cleaning solution.
* Safely operate a forklift to load and unload trucks and gather stock from the warehouse.
* Follows Linde procedures for safe handling, storing, securing and proper nesting of cylinders.
* Receive all goods according to standard written procedures; documenting all incoming shipments, checking shipments against purchase orders and verifying contents of shipments against packing slips in accordance with Linde procedures.
* Inspect valves for correct CGA connection and pressure relief device.
* Connect cylinders to manifold, open valves to draw off residual gas and evacuate cylinders.
* Understands and inspects fill manifold for proper operation prior to filling or connecting cylinder.
* Understands the need to bring up issues with local management if system is not functioning properly or if there are questions surrounding the operation.
* Reviews and documents proper thermometer, gauge and analytical equipment calibrations and ensures all equipment is properly calibrated and within established guidelines for frequency.
* Inspect cylinder labels to assure they are legible, compliant with current federal requirements and correct for the service intended; replace if damaged or inappropriate.
* Fill cylinders in accordance with specific guidelines whether by pressure or weight, as appropriate. Weigh cylinders filled with liquid products on platform scale and record
* Test cylinders for leaks by brushing or spraying chemical solution around valve. Record all necessary documentation and set a cylinder aside for settled pressure checks.
* Operate and safely maintain equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders.
* Perform all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections and tests before cylinders are released.
* Ensure cylinders are adequately maintained. Cylinders requiring maintenance or repair are removed from service until corrected.
* Regularly inspect and maintain pumping apparatus and associated monitoring devices.
* Ensure cylinder filling records are accurately maintained and that all required procedures are followed in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
* Safely operate a forklift and hand truck.
* Maintain a neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
* Perform mathematical calculations as necessary.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED
* Minimum 2 years' experience in manufacturing or warehouse environment
Physical Requirements of the Job:
* Push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to 100 pounds
* Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours
* Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required
* Must have computer ability
* Ability to read and understand DOT and FDA required paperwork
* Good written and Customer Service skills
* Good communication skills and ability to interface with co-workers
* Motivation and high energy
* Formal forklift training/experience preferred
* Must be able to work outdoors in various degrees of temperature
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines
* Flexibility to meet changing customer demands
* Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of conveying information
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
For IMMEDIATE consideration, APPLY NOW!
LINDE ENSURES EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION OR HARASSMENT ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, CREED, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ALIENAGE OR CITIZENSHIP STATUS, AGE, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, MARITAL OR DOMESTIC/CIVIL PARTNERSHIP STATUS, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, GENETIC INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROTECTED BY LAW.