Cylinder Filler - Houston, TX
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
A Super Opportunity Awaits You!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products is seeking a Cylinder Filler in Houston, TX.
Known locally and nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
The Cylinder Filler position will perform filling of high pressured specialty gas cylinders and maintenance of associated equipment at the Airgas Specialty Gases facility in Houston, TX.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Examines returned cylinders for defects.
* Fills cylinders via pressure, temperature or by weight.
* Tests filled cylinders for leaks by spraying chemical solution around valve.
* Ensure cylinder filling records are accurately maintained and that all required procedures are followed complying with local, state and federal regulations.
* Complete necessary steps in production system.
* Removes/replaces product labels.
* Paints Airgas-owned cylinders
* Screws protection cap over valves.
* Loading and unloading pallets.
* Safely operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
* Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed and any accidents or injuries are promptly reported to management.
* Assist with inventory and general housekeeping
* Attend and participate in Safety meetings
* Qualifies and complies to Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) sections 100, 300, 400, Corrective Action Tracking System (CATS) and International Standard Operations (ISO).
* Able to perform nonconforming product problem solving.
* Understand basic compressor operation and maintenance
* Understand basic liquid pump operations
* Ability to troubleshoot and perform basic equipment maintenance
* Understanding of bulk product supply and daily bulk reading requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
* Must be able to operate forklift and maintain forklift certifications.
* Hazmat Certified.
* Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
* Computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software suite.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Mechanical and technical aptitude.
* Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulations.
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS: .
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customers.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability