This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAirgas USA, LLC is hiring a Fill Plant Cylinder Loader in Ankeny, Iowa!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment!
Shift Hours: 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Monday thru Friday
T he Loader II is responsible for loading and unloading cylinders from trucks, palletizing cylinders, determining shipment of low inventory, completing truck manifests, may do pre-fill inspections, follow all SOP's, and may be required to weigh cylinders and/or fill cylinders.
* Operate forklift and handcart to safely load/unload compressed gas and liquid cylinders to and from delivery vehicles.
* Identify, sort and palletize cylinders for efficient refilling and handling
* Complete truck manifest
* May be required to weigh cylinders
* May be required to perform the dock stock responsibilities
* May be required to adjust cylinder distribution if inventory is low
* May inspect cylinders prior to filling, using standard operating procedures.
* May Remove and replace labels
* High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred
* Ability to perform very heavy work routinely lifts 25 - 75 lbs., occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lbs.
* Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours
* Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
* Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities.
* Ability to read and comprehend load sheets and material safety data sheets (MSDS).
* Must be able to safely drive a forklift.
* Must be able to work occasional overtime, if necessary.
* Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
* Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 110 degrees.
* Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
Great place to work with great growth potential - Director, Atlanta
Opportunity to advance and a great safety program - Driver, Cheshire
Fun people to work with and flexible management - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability