Cylinder Loader - Oakwood Village, OH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAirgas USA, LLC is hiring a Cylinder Loader (shift: 6pm-2:30am) in Oakwood Village, OH!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States. Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment!
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Cylinder Loader will be responsible for Loading and unloading of high-pressure and liquid cylinders on / off trucks in compliance with federal, state, local regulations. The Loader will also be responsible for meeting all safety standards in the loading and unloading of cylinder gases per Airgas procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Inspect cylinders prior to filling, following standard procedures as required by government, Airgas, and distributor standards.
* Understands hazards of various gases; size and contents of cylinders by reading and interpreting cylinder labels and the color-coding of tanks.
* Complies with all government and company standards relating to the safe handling of hazardous materials/cylinder gases.
* Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
* Loads cylinders on/off vehicles, using hand truck or chain hoist, and records type and quantity of cylinders.
* Loads/unloads cylinders on/off pallets; ensuring they are strapped in.
* Examines returned cylinders for surface defects, dents, cracks, burns and performs minor maintenance of equipment and inspectio n of cylinders prior to filling.
* Rolls cylinders to designated work area using appropriate, safe work method or equipment
* Segregates out of test cylinders and any defective cylinders.
* Removes old labels, cleans cylinders.
* Pe rforms other duties as assigned.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
* HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* 1-3 years' experience in manufacturing operation, filling or loading experience preferred.
* Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry or chemical industry preferred.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
* Strong level of attention to detail.
* Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent's.
* Able to talk, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crawl or crouch.
* Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
* Regularly required to stand, bend, stoop, crouch, reach, grasp, feel and talk or hear.
* Occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel or use a calculator or computer; and reach with hands and arms
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and move up to 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
* Requires both indoor & outdoor environments in various seasonal weather conditions. Must be able to work in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
* Work environment may contain loud noises and odors that may last for long periods of time or on a continual basis.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability .