Cylinder Maintenance - Tualatin
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION: Valve, repairs and paints cylinders. In addition, the Cylinder Maintenance person will maintain inventory of valves and parts necessary for safely repairing cylinders. This individual will perform other plant work when required.
* Responsible for personal safety and health.
* Ensures a safe and healthy work area
* Follow all safety rules and regulations.
* Report all unsafe actions and conditions to supervisor immediately.
* Knowledgeable of hazards associated with high pressure & cryogenic cylinder tanks.
* Be punctual and comply with hourly work schedules.
* Interface with other department employees.
* Perform other duties as required.
Other duties as required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
* Assist with inventory, general housekeeping, showroom displays, demonstrations, and other duties as required.
* Other duties and projects as assigned.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability
* Ability to perform very heavy work-routinely lift 25 to 75 lb., and occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lb. Also required to push and pull liquid containers weighing up to 1000 pounds.
* Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion required.
* Ability to perform work involving occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities including the tightening of ratchet binders.
* Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
* Must be familiar with Airgas Standard Operating procedures.
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
* Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
* Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas East, Inc.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability