Cylinder Preparation Technician - Montgomeryville, PA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONA Super Opportunity Awaits You!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products is seeking a Cylinder Preparation Technician in Montgomeryville, PA.
The Cylinder Preparation Technician operates equipment within the cylinder preparation area in accordance with Airgas standard work procedures to properly prepare high pressure gas cylinders for production. Responsible for safety, product quality, and productivity during the work shift. This allows the facility to meet the commitments to its customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Cylinder Preparation Technician operates the gas manifolds and bake out units to ensure proper evacuation of cylinders in order complete customer orders. Gases disposed of must be efficiently purged in accordance with EPA Regulations.
Cylinder Preparation Technicians must be aware of the cylinder and valve inspection process to ensure that gases are disposed on and stored according to federal, state, local, and company requirements. Specific duties include:
* Following strict work procedures to ensure proper cylinder preparation.
* Final preparation of cylinders to meet Airgas semiconductor cylinder appearance program.
* Moving compressed gas cylinders into and out of the prep area.
* Loading compressed gas cylinders onto and off of cylinder pallets.
* Maintaining equipment in the prep area.
* Consolidation of residual refrigerant gases by means of cold cylinder and cold coil transfer.
* Job activities may occur indoors or outdoors exposing Cylinder Preparation Technicians to inclement weather.
* Support Management team with regard to maintenance of Health and Safety and ISO Quality programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Demonstrate comprehension of basic math and algebraic calculations
* Knowledge of DOT requirements for gas cylinders
* Ability to read pressure and temperature indicators
* Ability to connect and disconnect filling lines
* Mechanically inclined
* Ability to move gas cylinders
* Work in a team environment
* Ability to perform the essential functions of a Cylinder Preparation Technician
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and smell.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
* Ability to perform very heavy work-routinely lift 25 to 75 lb., and occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lb. Also required to push and pull liquid containers weighing up to 1000 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
* Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion required.
* Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities including the tightening of ratchet binders.
* Must be able to safely drive a forklift.
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
* Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
* Talk to and hear customers/co-workers as well as smell/hear leaking gas from cylinders.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customers.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability