Cytotechnologist, On Call, Kansas City, MO
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Cytotechnologist, On Call, Kansas City, MO.
Schedule: On Call, Monday - Friday
*Salary dependent upon experience*
REQ # 3763075
1. Microscopically examine and diagnose gynecologic and non-gynecologic slides for infectious, pre-malignant, and malignant disease processes.
2. Perform all duties as required by CLIA. These duties include, but are not limited to, the daily documenting of interpretations to include the total number of slides screened and the total number of hours spent screening.
3. All other duties as assigned.
1. Maintain specimen integrity and patient identification of all samples examined.
2. Enter and/or report results into the laboratory information system, as applicable.
3. Maintain confidentiality of patient test results in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
4. Adhere to and document required quality control activities.
5. Comply with all corporate, safety, quality control and quality assurance standards.
6. Comply with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations
7. Participate successfully in required training and competency assessment.
8. Participate successfully in a CMS approved proficiency-testing program annually, as applicable.
9. Acquire and document required number of continuing education hours annually.
10. Perform other duties as assigned, (e. g., specimen processing, data entry) to include performing and documenting quality control rescreening, if qualified under CFR 493. 1469
1. Meet CLIA requirements (CFR. 493. 1483).
2. Meet state licensure requirements, if applicable.
3. Meet ASCP requirements for Cytotechnologist (if not certified prior to employment, must pass ASCP registry within one year of start date).
4. Liquid-based cytology training/certification (Thin Prep and/or Surepath), preferred.
Bachelor's degree in clinical lab, physical, or biological science. CT (ASCP) eligible or registered.
1 year minimum; 3+ year's clinical lab experience preferred.
-Must be conscientious and thorough.
-Ability to concentrate at the microscope.
-Able to work alone and handle stressful circumstances.
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.