3D Modeler - Gaming/Simulation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Aegis Technologies Group, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job:
What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure*
You get one of the best privately held small business headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama, that provides advanced technology and expert consulting services to industries throughout the world. AEgis specializes in modeling & simulation (M&S) and micro/nanoscale technology development. Our core competencies include simulation software and training simulators; geospatial databases; 3D models; war fighter exercise support; systems engineering and analysis; verification, validation, and accreditation (VV&A); test and evaluation support; Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) and Man-in-the-Loop (MIL) simulation. AEgis' Nanogenesis Division excels in advancing cutting edge micro and nanoscale technologies from concept to deployment with applications ranging from defense to energy to biotechnology.
Aegis Technologies Group is seeking an experienced 3D Modeler to support 3D asset development within a simulation / gaming environment. The modeler will create high detailed 3D models targeting simulation and training industry standard gaming engines. They will process and generate 3D model assets using tools such as Autodesk 3DStudio Max, Autodesk Maya, Adobe Photoshop, and other proprietary and commercial software solutions.
First 120 day Success Factors:
30 days Demonstrate a working knowledge of the AEgis modeling/texturing process. Demonstrate ability to use the required software to an intermediate-advanced level (Maya, Max, and Photoshop). Show progression towards meeting the allotted task time frames.
60 days Show a steady progress towards meeting or exceeding the set deadlines for each assigned task. Each new task assigned should be completed with less rework and at an increased speed over the previous similar tasks.
90 days Complete tasks within the allotted time frames. Have minimal (below 10%) rework rate. Must not have repetitive errors of the same type on any tasks (must demonstrate that they have learned from previous errors).
* Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years experience developing 3d models for simulation or gaming environments.
* Expected to possess excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
* Advanced understanding of next generation 3D modeling and texturing concept such as; Normal mapping,Effective polygon us, UV layout, Mesh optimization, High and low polygon modeling, Texel density, an PBR
* Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps
* Strong traditional art background and skillset preferred
* An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
* Familiarity with Unreal4, VBS3, Havok, CryEngine, UDK, or other game engine